Please help a newbie

Username: Pickman2

Humble, Texas USA

Post Number: 5
I am totally a newbie to all this car audio stuff. I always used factory stuff, but I want to get into all of this. Ok, I don't even know what an amp does for starters. I know it helps the sound and puts power to it...thats about it. I realize I'll have to share some specifics on what I'm going to use but for now I'll say that I want two subs and I'm going to get new speakers as well. The speakers have built in passive crossovers, I got no clue what that means. Please help me with the basics, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 190
Well waht kind of vehicle do you have? How mich money are you looking to spend? Do you want it to be loud or sound good?

Humble, Texas USA

Post Number: 6
I have a Mazda Protege5. I'd say $500 is my limit on an amp. I want it to be loud and sound good. I've got Kenwood speakers in it right now and they're 220 watts. Thats about the volume I like but just a little more would be nice. As far as subwoofers go I could care less if the neighbors can hear the music, it that give you an idea. My car came with a little sub, when I say little I mean little, its 100 watts.

Username: Jeffless600

Post Number: 5
300/4 by jl audio.

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 710
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5769
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 407
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 551
Are you only looking for an amp or would you like some suggestions for a good amp with some Decent subs for under $500 bucks

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 744
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Roy_t

Post Number: 12
dude seth thats kinda ga.yUpload

Humble, Texas USA

Post Number: 7
I'm looking for an amp thats $500, well thats my cut-off. I don't want to spend more than that. And the subs I'm going to get can be found here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7057383&type=product&productCatego ryId=cat03081&id=1108124880979 I know that there are better subs out there but I'm set on this one, unless there is something totally wrong with this model.

Bronze Member

Humble, Texas USA

Post Number: 11
bump

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 714
that sh!t is f.cken hilarious seth!!!

lolololol

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 170
Nothing wrong with that sub, really nice actually especially for a first sytem, just don't buy it at best buy, you can get 2 for what they charge. You don't need 500 dollars for an amp. I'd get 2 alpine type r dual 4 ohms, buy like an orion or viper 1200d (you can get the viper for 125 of ikesounds.com), and wire it up at 1 ohm, <-- we'll explain the ohm thing later, and it'll be nice and louda and sound pretty good imo. BTW do you have an amp going to your regualar speakers??? because if you don't they are getting like 1/4 the power they are capable of handling. Oh an welcome lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us