Speaker wiring

Bronze Member
Username: Adddisorder

Post Number: 47
ok, what is the easiest way to wire my front door speakers to my amp in the trunk?

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 605
there's no easy way. I ran them under the back seat, to the door sill trim, under that to the kick panel and through the wiring boot into the door. Most difficult part in my experience is pulling it through the wiring boot. A wire hanger or other piece of stiff wire works well.

Probably takes a good hr per side if you haven't done it before, depending on how easy/difficult it is to loosen/remove parts/panels that need it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
ok and should i have equal lenghts of wire on each speaker...or is it ok for them to be different lenghts?

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 624
they can be different.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
yeah definatly having a hard time getting the speaker wire from the car into the door pannel, im trying to go threw the little hose thing that wires are already running threw but having trouble with that, any other ideas on how to do that?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
anyone???

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 652
that's where the clothes hanger or other stiff wire comes in handy. Cut a piece a piece around 18" and bend a small loop at one end Thread it from the door through the boot so you can hook the wire through the loop then pull it back through the door. It can still be a pain, but that's the most effective way I know of.

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 653
a piece a piece?? wtf?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
can speaker wires be ran next to the power wire or will i get noise. i know you cant run the rca near the power but hwat about the speaker wires?

thanks

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 660
speaker wires can run wherever's convenient.

Actually there is plenty of electronic theory that disputes the power/signal noise myth, but there are enough installers that still swear by it that the myth will live on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us