Amplifier remote bass level

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 105
Sup, I was just thinking about something. I have a Boss R-3000D amp that comes with a remote bass control. Problem is, my friend removed it from his old car and left the remote bass level attachment behind. So I am wondering, what if the sub level was turned down low when they unplugged it? Do you think that the amp could still be turned down? Or do these remote bass control knobs only affect the bass level if they are currently plugged into the amp?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1977
hmm idk. i would guess that if it is unplugged the bass level will be zero, which is where you want it, but im not sure of it.

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 108
Yea thats what I was thinking, but maybe others have had different experience? BUMP!

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 236
Unless it has an auxilary bass knob built onto the amp itself, when you unplugged the remote it would go back to zero. Example, on my Kicker sx1250s if I se the range on the amp to 12dbs then when I plugged the remote in dependant on the position of the knob, I will have control from 0-12dbs. Now If I unplugged the remote, t would go to the full 12dbs, not zero. Ok now if you have an amp that has NO built in bass boost adjustment on the amp itself, when you unplug the remote it will go back to zero but if your amp has a dial built in, it will go to the setting on that dial, get it? Polo.. :-O

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 109
Yea I think ur right polo

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 633
you need to look up your amp online and see if the remote attachment is a FQ boost like RF or just a normal bass boost, or a bass control that controls the level of the bass and takes over the control from the amplifier dial itself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us