Best settings for amp

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 167
What exactly does the bass boost setting do on the amp. does it give the sub more bass, cuz i read off some ppl that its better to have the bass boost set to 0 which doesnt make any sense if u want more bass to ur subs right now i have my amp set at everything in the middle and it sounds good to me but im just wonderinig if theres a way to give it even more bass and still make it sound good.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1952
no, what doesnt make sense is why didnt you buy a more powerful ampp if you wanted more bass? bass boost is like flase power. if your amp is a 1000w rms amp its NOT going to put out 2000w rms without major clipping. it doesnt change anything in the signal to "make" more bass. it simply just trys t put out more power. for every 3db of bass boost you are asking the amp to double its power. thats why lots of times people blow their subs using bass boost because they are sending the subs a clipped signal.

if you want the most clean bass from your system get a dmm or an osciliscope and tune your amp correctly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us