Hook computer up to stereo

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 269
is there any way i can use my stereo to my computer, i use it on my tv w/ xbox, dvd... computer speakers suck real bad, and i dont want to go buy big expensive... any way i can do this?

i know its not subwoofer related but they take so long in other threads

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 270
no ways?

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 333
what??

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2196
hook your computer to your car's speakers?

or to your home-audio system?

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 271
home audio, ths has nuthin to do with car audio

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 334
if you are trying to use your computer as a song base and run the sound through the stereo then yes you can get wireless FM transmitters for like 10 bucks and your stereo will play from the radio all the songs that the computer is playing but they are not good over long distances.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 272
my stereo is about 3 feet away from the computer.
how doesireless fm transmitters work?

Unregistered guest
if the back of your computer has a line base headphone output u can buy an adapter to make them femail rca's and run them to an aux rca input.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 273
the plug where the spekers go into? i guess the wire for the spekers kinda looks like headphones thing.where can i get this? is there a name for it?

Roy.T
Unregistered guest
Some times I put them in mt brown hole to test them out.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 274
what?

Username: Royt

Post Number: 2
yup all the time!!

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 275
haha that was an anon wasnt it?

Username: Royt

Post Number: 3
NO I realy do...

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 276
ok well can you tell me what it is called and where i can get 1?

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 335
I think they are called FM transmitters..
Try www.ebay.com

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 279
whats a price range?
i done wanna use ebay right now...

Unregistered guest
that was some faget that took my user name roy .t but i got myne at the hardwear store .

Anonymous

"if the back of your computer has a line base headphone output u can buy an adapter to make them femail rca's and run them to an aux rca input."

do that ^^^ just go to radio shack and tell them what you wanna do and theyll hook you up.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1328
Is your stereo a shelf system? Nearly all of the newer shelf systems (this is one of the many reasons they're garbage) don't have RCA INPUTS. They have outputs, but lack the inputs...

You could also for better sound quality, buy a sound card for your computer that has RCA outs. I've noticed that there is some loss of sound quality when using the headphone to RCA adapter, as I use my iPod on my stereo as well as a DVD player (for cd's) and the DVD player which is RCA out vs. the iPod which is headphone out has better sound quality. It's a minimal difference, but I notice it...

Bronze Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 88
That is because the output signal from ipods SUCKS. This is a widely known fact. I have a Monster cable that goes from a headphones jack to the white and red RCA audio male connectors. I plug it into anything with a GOOD sound output and it sounds PERFECT. It is CD quality whether coming from my PDA (High end model with good sound output), my Laptop, or just about anything else I've ever hooked to it. Just about the only thing that will sound bad through it is an ipod.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1333
I don't think it's necessarily the iPod's fault. If you put perfect quality music on there it's not a problem, but anything below 192Kb/s has issues. Why do you think most "real" CD's are burnt at bit rates of 1000Kb/s+!

Yet again, wire is wire. Monster cable isn't going to change anything, because the copper they use is the same give or take VERY MINOR impurities is the same as the Radio Shack adapter I have.

Normal people wouldn't notice this problem, I do, because I listen very intently everytime I play my system.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1334
The basic fact is...A phone jack converted to an RCA stereo output will have some lesser sound quality, than RCA to RCA. It's not just iPods that have that trouble either, it's ANYTHING with a phone type jack. Really though, the difference yet again is hardly noticeable, and probably to most, is in their heads...

Anonymous

ipods signal sucks azz simple as that.

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 981
just put a rca cable to head phone jack into the head fone port.
or youmight just have audio out. so get an rca cable that will plug into whatever you need and then plug the rcas into your rca input of the stero system

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 982
just put a rca cable to head phone jack into the head fone port.
or youmight just have audio out. so get an rca cable that will plug into whatever you need and then plug the rcas into your rca input of the stero system

Bronze Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 100
Tyler I disagree. I have ran my pda through that cable to a 5.1 system with 100 watts to each speaker and a 12 inch subwoofer. It sounded flawless to about 5% less volume than a CD could be turned up to. The difference is undetectable to the average person, and I am talking about only noticing after HUGE amounts of volume. Like picture shaking the entire house with perfect quality sound, and my HP RX3715 PDA at the source through this: http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=135

And note, with a brand new 40 GB Ipod Video, playing 256kbps MP3's, will sound crackly and less vivid without nearly as much volume as my pda. So if you connect to the headphones on an ipod, be warned! It's not crippling, just not nearly the quality that my PDA puts out...

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 101
Well, let me clarify, I agree with everything you said except that it isn't the ipod's fault. Because my experience tells me it is.

Oh yea heres another issue, I have the sony top of the line earbuds that produce from 10 hz to 20khz, and they sound like SH!T on an ipod!! No joke. They sound amazing on my pda, and I haven't really tested them on anything else, but I did plug them into my brothers ipod and man, no good at all. It was like they went from the best sounding earbuds i've ever heard, to sounding more like the shitty headphones that come with the ipods.....

But yea Tyler you are 100% right about all that other info.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us