Will my head unit handle the POWER??

Username: Mandie108

Post Number: 1
Hi hope someone out there can give me some advice, im a typical female, dont really know what im doing haha. I have just bought a new sound system and not sure if head unit gonna handle it. It consists of new head unit 4x35w 1400w amp, 1 cheap 12" 300w reactor sub and 1 12" 600w boschmann sub. Is the head unit gonna handle such a big amp and the boschmann sub, ive had the reactor running for a week or so and goes fine but the boschmann hasnt arrived yet so havent installed it and starting to wonder if it will run properly, dont no anything about head units so need some advice. The specs for the boschmann are peak 600w, 200w true rms, sensitivity 86.33db 4ohms 50oz strontium magnet. also will it drown out the reactor sub being twice the power, well better stop i wrote heaps oooppps haha hope to hear from someone soon.

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 330
amp does not affect Head Unit unless you mess the wireing up so bad maybe.
I had a friend that put an amp in his car and when he pushed in the lighter the floor light would pop on and the lighter would not heat ????

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1916
you should have came here for advice on your equipment to use. but the amp runs off your alternator, not your HU so that is the question.

Post Number: 2
ok thanks heaps guys so it will be ok then?? i wont blow up anything??

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1934
idk if you'll blow anything up but... you should run 2 different kind of subs. also if that amp is 1400w rms then u might burn up ur alternator. but im guessing its 1400w max. but you HU wont blow up lol.

Post Number: 3
i didnt come here first coz i didnt know it exsisted, a friend told me bout it bout 2 hours ago just thought maybe someone could help i know a wee bit bout it, i installed it myself which i thought was quite an achevment and its going perfectly i had it checked by an install company and they said i did everything right, is bosschmann a good sub, i had 2 12" reactors but i blew one up dunno how but bought a boschmann dont wanna blow it up so just asking for advice not criticism, please be nice, im a nice gal from new zealand who just needs a little help as im a little nieve

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1936
i dont really know anything about your sub but i bet you could do better for the money. if you ever want to redo anything ask around for advice. but congrats n the instal, most of my guys friends cant even do that.

Anonymous

yeah hi im a typical girl who wants a system loud so i can get h0rnyyy.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5707
LOL ! ^^^ ...

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 656
she might not be joking, rovin

Upload
Upload

Post Number: 4
no im not joking i came here coz my friend said it was a good place to get advice and only one person has taken me seriously so i wont be using this site again thanks to those who tryed to help

Post Number: 5
thanks trevor you sound like a nice guy thanks mate

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 663
i meant Anonymous might not be joking.

not you

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 829
Like trevor said before, you really shouldn't mix subs. Are you planning on taking both the reactors out and just having one bosschman? Or are you going to have one reactor and one bosschman? Like I said, you shouldn't mix and match them because they will cancel each other out and bassically sound like crap. Best thing to do is just use one of them. That's just my opinion, but the only thing you can do is hook everything up the way you want it and listen to it and see if you like it. Remember, you are the one that's going to be driving the car every day :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 82
I used to have 3 12"'s in my car 2 were audiobahns and 1 MTX, they didn't sound too hot... Haha...

I recommend you tell us the model numbers so we can help you hook it up properly at the proper impedence.

You can't hook up the boschmann and the reactor because the amp will send equal power to each, you'll overpower one and underpower the other. If I were you I would pretend like I'm playing the card game spades, pick one type, and discard the rest...

But tell us the model numbers or better yet link us to them on a web site, then we can help ya out better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us