Did I blow my amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Themann

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 20
I had my cvr12s in my car for a while (in the kicker box = dcvr122) and they worked great. Then I decided to put them in my jeep to hear how much harder they hit and boy they did. Anyway, I put them back into my car and was driving down the road and they just cut out. Now the red protection light is on my amp. The amp is a Soundstorm f2800 = 1600W 2-channel. Do I need a new amp?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2475
maybe some connections came loose. recheck your connections and try again.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1894
first check all wiring, make sure the the postive and ground wires dont have strands hanging out and make sure you have a solid ground. also see if you can put in a friends amp and see if it works fine, then hook yours back up and if there is a problem then its definetly your amp.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1323
Check for the loose strands and ground on the power wires first, definitely. I had the same problem. Things just happen sometimes lol.

Bronze Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 23
I have checked almost everything you guys have listed and nothing is wrong. I even tried them in two different cars to see if it was the car but nothing either. So I'm looking for a new amp - what should I get and does anyone have one for a good deal? Money is a little tight but we'll see.

Username: Mike_botello

Muskegon, MI USA

Post Number: 10
you could go with a audiobahn A8002t 2 channel amp for like 122 shipped on ebay and it should do the job. its 400w rms x 2 at 2 ohms so you will be sendin 400 watts to each sub and that would match ur subs pretty well

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5142
I have a orion hcca 250g4 for sale if you want it:-) 800 x 1 @ 1 ohm mono:-)

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1924
get that amp^^

Bronze Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 24
Would either one of these amps work? or would I just blow these too - do I need to just look for a better amp
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2424

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2506

Bronze Member

Muskegon, MI USA

Post Number: 11
idk if the first one would work since its mono but im not sure someone would have to confirm that. the second one would but may be a little small.. i would still go with the a8002t for that price range, even tho its an audiobahn it is a decent amp..

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1945
james's amp is superior to all of those.

Bronze Member

Muskegon, MI USA

Post Number: 12
idk how ur subs are wired so thats why i said i wasnt sure if the viper would work since its mono.. but if ur subs are wired in series to a 2 ohm load then you could use it because i think you would have only one terminal then.. again im not positive someone confirm this.

Bronze Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 25
Yes they are wired to a 2 ohm load and only have one terminal that's why I put the mono - sorry I didn't specify myself. How much is your amp James?

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5166
$275 but if they are wired to a 2 ohm load my amp wont work well for you. If they were wired to a 1 ohm load it would be perfect.

Bronze Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 27
Oh dang. It's a two ohm load. Does anybody else have any suggestions that would be a good deal but not a sucky amp besides the audiobahn A8002t?

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 850
whats your budget?

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5169
to tell you the truth my orion would power them better with its rated power(400@2ohms at 12 volts) then your soundstorm or the audiobahn.

Bronze Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 29
My budget's about $150 to $250 b/c I just bought my subs and that amp and ran out of money. The cheaper the better, but I don't want to blow another one. I need to pay more attention to the power im pushing from the amp. Btw, what is clipping? And James, would I have to do something special to your amp or my subs for it to work out?

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5176
wire the subs parellel/parellel to a 2 ohm load and bridge them:-) I will sell it for $250
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us