Unconventional speaker alignment

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 840
Ok guys here is the deal. I have a new accord, so kick panels are a no go due to the drivers side being full of crap. So I am playing with the angle of the mids, before I relocate the tweets. My plan is to keep the stock look, so I am limited in the direction I can swing the mids without cutting the door panel.

So I came up with a theory. Why not swing the mids in opposite directions?

Right now the drivers side is way off axis to my ears, and the passenger side is on. So it leaves the spacing across the soundstage really close on the driver's side, and really spread out on the passenger side. Yeah I can correct some of this with time delays, but the spacing problem is still there, and the singers voice seams really wide, (spread across the stage).

So my theory is this.

So why not bring the drivers side aft and up (bringing it more on axis) and the passenger side either forward and down, or forward and up (bringing it more off axis)?

Now, to my second question. Should I do this with the time delays on or off? I plan on having them on once I finish, so I don't really care what the passenger thinks. (Yes my girl can tell a difference, so I will catch some crap for it) I tried it at first, with them off, but I couldn't get it anywhere close. (Before I came up with my new theory) So I am curios if I should do the rest with them on or off?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us