Kicker CVX12

Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 7
Im lookin' into buying two kicker CVx 12's. What kind of amp should I power these with and What kind of box would be the best for them if I'm looking for good SPL and good SQ. Also, what do ya'll think of the new CVX's?

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 8
hello?

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 150
Sorry for Late .

I have bought sx1250.1 befor three days and now i would like to buy pair of cvx 12" .

every one said they are so loud , I 'll put them in ported box .

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 9
I was thinking of powering them with the same thing. I bought a kicker s10x and i am selling it to buy a pair of these speakers. Im sellin the x for 450 if anyone is interested.

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 10
Does anyone have any suggestions on another amp that would pair well with these speakers?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1888
kicker zx1500.1 as long as you can match the ohm load you'll be good. even a 2000w amplifier. they are 750wrms right? btu id just go with the ZX1500.1 itd look clean with those subs too. id wait til it gets out on ebay first though. or maybe like a cadence zrs 8 i believe it was that puts out 1500w at 1 ohm.

i think you can find them at www.showrides.net

Bronze Member

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 14
Well im buyin the two ohm subs so it would be pushin exactly 750 to each speaker right? I have some good knowledge of speakers but i dont understand the ohm and the ohm loads and all the other innerworkings of the sub. thats why i need help decided what to power it with. i know the sx1250 would be pushin 625 to each speaker at 2 ohms... but the rms is 750 so 15 sounds like a plan. but another question: if 750 is continuously running to the speakers wont that wear the speakers down relatively fast? could that casue them to blow?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1903
no. they are made to take 750w continuous. as long as you dont clip the signal, and dont use bass boost you'll be fine.

Bronze Member

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 15
would it still sound good with the 1250.1? im tryin to get the amp as cheap as i can but i want to stay with kicker, and i cant find a cheap kx1500...

Bronze Member

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 16
well u said zx so that makes sense haha thanks

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1905
yes, the zx1500 isnt out on ebay yet. but the sx1250 isnt a cheap amplifer lol. it is an amazing amplifier by the way though. the zx will just give you a little more power but the sx1250 will operate very well also.

Bronze Member

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 17
yeah i know the sx inst cheap but i can get it for around 500 dollars which would work out well for me... how much does the zx1500 go for? would i need to use the bass boost on the 1250 or would that blow the speakers up

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1908
do not use bass boost. without bass boost if you tune the amp correctly (gains) it will put out around 1300wrms. and that will be very loud.

Bronze Member

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 18
How do i know if its tuned correctly? Would someone who installs audio tune it how it should be tuned? i really dont know anything about messing witht he amplifier so i just dont... also how will the SQ be?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1929
idk ive never heard them. suposedly the SQ is quite well though. you would tune the amp by setting the gains correctly to get the most power without clipping. also if you have a ported box you need to set the subsonic filter just below the tuning of the box. and set the LPF at about 70-80hz.

the best way to tune an amp is with an osiliscope or however u spell it. but you probably dont have one, i dont either. you can use a DMM which will probably be easier to get your hands on. playing a 50hz test tone recorded at 0db and at 3/4 volume turn the gain up until your dmm reads about 50 volts. (if your running 2 D2ohm subs wired in series/parallel for a total 2 ohm load) that is 1250w rms using V^2/resistance. another way to calculate power is i belive if your using a true rms dmm, use the clamp meter and measure the Amps as well as the volts, then multiply.

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 153
Thanks Mr.Trevor Eaton for help .

I think ZX not yet avilable , Sx1250.1 stable @ 1ohm and it will push cvx hard .

zx1500 is more power than sx1250.1 but it will be more than 600$ .

I think sx1250.1 is better for price .

I bought it befor 4 days and i will buy cvx 12" 4 ohm .

Does this work .

And why we do n't have to use bass boost ?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1959
really you think the ZX is going to be more expensive than the SX on ebay? if so then id just take the SX. i just got my buddy a couple fo them (sx400.2 and sx500.2) and man they are sweet. get ready to real the manual though because there is so many things you can do. although the manual is very easy to read and it walks you through.

as for the sx1250. youd need (2) dual 4 ohm subs
zx1500 (2) dual 2 ohm subs

Bronze Member

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 21
so i would need to get the cvx 4 ohm instead of the two ohm? I believe u but i jsut wonder what the difference is? sorry for newbin it

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 158
i think you are wrong > Sx1250.1 stable @ 1 ohm

so you will wire two 4 ohm on 1ohm amp

Thanks again Mr

onus2u
Unregistered guest
whats crackin people.
Got a question can anyone help
im runnung a audiobahn 8000t to 1 kicker CVR15 its wired up at a 8ohm load sounds like garbage

was wondering if i could wire up a 2ohm load

problem being the sub is runnung 500 watts rms and the amp is running a 800 watts rms will i be ok if i turn my gain down alot

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2031
you are only giving it 200w at 8 ohms and you might be turning the gains up too much and clipping the sgnal and thats why it sounds like crap. i wouldnt wire it to 2 ohms i would get an amp that is right for your sub.

onus2u
Unregistered guest
Really, your probably right i have the gain kinda high.
yea i didn't think that hooking it up at 2ohms would be good. People told me to do it anyway though.
Trevor Thanx alot for your advice U helped

onus2u
Unregistered guest
yea i didn't think that hooking it up at 2ohms would be good. People told me to do it anyway though.

onus2u
Unregistered guest
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us