Jaycar 4x130 keeps turning off

Josh Taylor
Unregistered guest
Hi guys, i have a 4x130rms jaycar amp. It is running a pioneer tsw306c 400rms sub bridged on channels 3 and 4, which is the amp is rated at 2x380 when bridged, so the sub should be getting round 380rms. On channels 1 & 2 I have 2 4ohm speakers on each channel...Channel 1 has a 50rms pioneer 6" and an 80rms pioneer 6x9...Channel 2 has the same. It has been working great up until I fixed the boot vibration. Before i fixed the vibrations in the boot i wouldn't listen to it loud. Maybe around 30 out of 62 but now if i turn it up higher then around 40 the amp will just turn off. The headunit will still be playing the song but i can't hear anything because the amp is turned off. When this happens I check the power wire going from the battery 2 the amp and it has power at the battery side of the fuse, but the amp side of the fuse has no power (and the fuse is fine. if i unplug the amp side of the fuse and just have the fuse in the battery side i get power on the amp side of the fuse (without the wire running to the amp) but as soon as i put the wire back onto the fuse it has no power on the amp side of the fuse again. And the amp will not turn on even if i turn the HU off and back on, turn the car off and back on etc... The only way i can get it to go back on is removing the power wire from the amp itself and once i do this i get power at the end of it, so i plug it back in and the amp works again...until i turn it back up again and it dies again.

Help would be appreciated...I am now at a standpoint and not sure whats goin on. My power and ground wires are 4ga. The ground wire is about 1.5 feet long and is bolted onto the chasis of the car (the paint around the area where it touches is all sanded back to bare metal.

thanks

Josh Taylor
Unregistered guest
Never mind I found out !!

Josh Taylor
Unregistered guest
Don't know who posted the last post...but i haven't found out the problem and would appreciate any help. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us