? for da xperts??

Bronze Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 50
Has ne of u heard of the hifonics zeus?? Do they sound alright? Im not comparing them to any type r's or ne thing but just asking if they have decent spl or sq? Do they have better sq or spl. Thanx

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 93
hifonic subs suck, there amps are questionable

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 318
isnt a hifonics zeus a amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 52
they got subs called zeus i dont know bout amp though

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 95
yeah thats what i thought too haha so thats why i put both sub/amp down

Username: __nick__

Post Number: 1
I have two Alpine Type R 12"s that are dual-voice coil and 4 ohms. I need an amp and am wondering how i know which setting to run it at, for example: 1000 watts x 1 @ 1 Ohms- would that run 500 watts to each of my subs or do i need something like: 1000 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 Ohms.

each sub is 500 watt rms and 1500 peak so i want to run them both off of a 1000 watt mono amp and put 500 to each. Suggestions???? I have 300 to spend on the amp and am thinking of this amp,

Hifonics BX 1000D
1000 watts x 1 Mono Amplifier- my friend has it too his two alpines and says its fine but i want an experts word

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1711
hifonics put put about 70 - 80% of their stated power so if you go with hifonics get a higher model so you can give those r's the power they need

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1712
yea and since you have dvc 4 ohm subs , you'll need an amp that produces atleast 1000 watts @ 1 ohm

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5140
yes wire them like this http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2 option 1 and a 1000 watt mono amp will be perfect.

Username: __nick__

Post Number: 3
But the subs are 4 ohms, does it matter if the amp running towards them is rated at RMS @ 1-Ohm: 1 x 1500-Watts, which is 1 ohm

I'm not sure the difference between 4 ohms and 1 and how it makes a difference, is it better to run it 1 x 1500-Watts @ 4 ohms or is the set-up i have above better

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 634
you have four 4 ohm voice coils. if you parallel them then you are at 1 ohm. do like casey said.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us