Help with subs for bass! Andre Jamison

Bronze Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 33
Ok can you answer my ? or ne 1 else, from other thread?

Silver Member
Username: Efil4zaggin

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 151
did u just register??

Bronze Member

NM

Post Number: 34
No, but i just changed my name cuz i didnt want my name on the internet thats why id go under anonymous.

Silver Member

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 155
4 show, what wuz da Q that U had. btw wtf is ur BUDGET!!

Bronze Member

NM

Post Number: 35
like $100-$200 per sub.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1259
Thomas what kind of "bass" are you looking for? Sound quality? Something LOUD? OR a mix of both?

Silver Member

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 156
some type R's would be good 4 that price range, there is more choices look at this
http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

Bronze Member

NM

Post Number: 36
Sup ppl dont know much about this stuff so wondering if you ppl can help cuz you guys know so much. What do i look 4 in a sub for that bass that is continuous like on the songs where da bud at-3 6 mafia, feel the bass-dj magic mike, or throw it up-lil jon? Not the bass that just hits quick. What do i look at for specs? Thanx for all the help.....

Well would 2 cerwin vega vmx 12" sound good and have that good boom i want? Is sq like that surround feeling you get when a car is passing you by or is it spl?? Thanxs....

(B, not sure the difference yet.)

Silver Member

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 157
if u listen to rap U don't need great SQ, any good brand subs sound good w/ rap muzic. spl is how loud the sub gets. when a car is passing by you thats the vibration 4um the subs.

Bronze Member

NM

Post Number: 37
ya but i notice that sum cars arnt that loud and sound tight when passing by like surround and others are louder than sh!t but it doesnt sound right like you can hear them from far but it doesnt sound right, and they would both be in the same kind of vehicles.
So do you think that i should stick with the cerwin vega vmxs or the type r's? some say the vmxs r better but i dont know.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1262
"if u listen to rap U don't need great SQ, any good brand subs sound good w/ rap muzic. "
^^I disagree. If you listen to rap and know what sq sounds like, you need a sq sub!

TJ:
SQ = sound quality = good clean transitional bass lines
SPL = sound pressure level = loud as hell, loud on microphone
SQL = both SQ + SPL = clean LOUD bass, good on mic too

"i look 4 in a sub for that bass that is continuous like on the songs where da bud at-3 6 mafia, feel the bass-dj magic mike, or throw it up-lil jon? Not the bass that just hits quick."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Tj sound like you want a SQ or SQL sub; Figure out what kind of sub you want; SQ, SQL, SPL?

Bronze Member

NM

Post Number: 38
Like 1 of my homies has 2 12" power acoustik bl subs and there loud you can here em from kind of far away but right next to the car you cant here it much. and 1 jof my other homies had 2 12" rockford fosgate subs not sure which kind and it was louder than sh!t and every where around it was surround it even made the neighbors car alarm go of a few times. so i dont know.

Bronze Member

NM

Post Number: 39
thanx B would those cerwin vega vmx's 12" be good sq, spl, or sql?

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1263
power acoustik suck and are cheap subs, more spl based. <sound like shhh when in the car or close! the rf subs had more sq than those Power Aaoustics by far, but still more spl based. Its alot of subs, bass is something diffrent to everyone. Me personally I like deep, clear, low, loud, transitional bass.

Bronze Member

NM

Post Number: 40
thanx B would those cerwin vega vmx's 12" be good sq, spl, or sql? Which would u go wit the type r's or the vmx's? So do you like the bass on the songs i listed if you do than i probably like the same kind of bass.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1264
cerwin vega vmx's 12 are probrably more spl based. See you have to realize most subs, are spl based.
Most are just designed to get loud and make noise similar to the bass line.
Few subs are purely sound quality subs! They have excellent transitions between diffrent freqencies, hit low and sound like how it was intended to be heard!

Bronze Member

NM

Post Number: 41
can you name some sq or sql subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 72
i know you said 100-200 per sub but maybe 1 sub is all youll need:
check out

IDMAX
Crystal Comps
Treo ___ <dont remember the last part ha
AA Arsenals

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5691
Re se
Kicker cvr
CW V-Max's
Type R's
Ed v.2's
Jl w6v2
Crystal Comps
SS Rl-p's

^^All are nice subs

Bronze Member

NM

Post Number: 42
chauncy brown i still dont understand the difference between spl, sq, and sql. Can you try to explain? I listen to nuttin but rap with that continuous bass i was tring to explain. So what gives bass that surround all around you in and out of car? Thanx

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5692
SPL(sound pressure level) How loud
SQ(Sound quality) How good they sound
sql(sound quality level/loud) Sounds good while getting loud

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5693
RE SE

Bronze Member

NM

Post Number: 43
what r those RE SE never heard of them? Are the Rockford fosgate p2s spl, sq, or sql subs? What subs r better than the p2s?

Bronze Member

NM

Post Number: 44
Chauncey Brown what do you think of the Diamond Audio D312D4 12" sub 400 rms? Is it just as good as ne of those u listed? Or what about the Sound streamEG-12X 12" 350 rms sub?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5696
www.reaudio.com 4 da Se's

Every sub that I listed is better then p2's.lol,i would say p2's are a poor excuse for a sql sub.

Diamond makes good subs, the d3 would be the step below those subs that are listed, maybe a d6, and dont get any sound stream subs, maybe there old amps, but all there new stuff is kinda crappy

Bronze Member

NM

Post Number: 45
where can i buy this sub at?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
702-896-4823

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
^^^Resonant Engineerings number. They are very helpful- give them a call if you have any questions. Once the order has been placed they begin to make it. its not just on a shelf in back ready to go. they test there products after being built as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us