Assassins

Kelly smith
Unregistered guest
I am thinking of buying 4 assassins, there a sq sub right? and four of them should get looud so it would become a sql setup and since they are 250 watts each i have a 1000 watt amp to go with them
if not give me a suggestion that would be as loud and sound as good for the price there 95 dollars each

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1287
They are 350W RMS each, and I personally would say they are just a little brother to the Arsenal. I'd say they actually ARE SQL woofers, just don't get AS loud as the Arsenal.

I have two of them in a sealed box, and the bass is rediculous, and it sounds VERY clean. The two I have alone make my windshield flex a bit.

What is the amp you're using? Is that 1000W RMS or 1000W PEAK?

To properly power them though, you'll need at least 350-400W RMS to each of them, although mine have shown to yearn for more lol. But, that's more like 1400W-1600W RMS you'll need, not 1000W RMS.

The 250W they reccommend is enough power to just get the woofers "moving". You can safely give them up to 400W RMS from my testing (my amp puts out 800W RMS to both or 400W RMS to each). And they handle like champs.

Be prepared, 4 of them is going to be pretty crazy hehe, even if it IS only a 3dB jump from having 4, still, crazy loud!

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 276
2 in the right ported box and you'll be set. Give them a little overhead on power(500rms a piece) and have a good box and you'll have a nice setup, plus it'll take less room.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1291
Hehehe, I bet they'll just eat up that 500W RMS.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1854
if you really want 4 id get atleast a 1200w amp. id go for 1500w rms though.

Kelly Smith
Unregistered guest
my amp is a mrd1005
and i have those boring type -rs

so i cant use four i should just get 2?
would they be louder and sound better

Kelly smith
Unregistered guest
bump

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1294
Honestly, 2 alone is very loud, and that's sealed coming from me.

If you port them, that 3dB increase will definitely be noticeable. Try two for now, and if you want more, go for it if you feel it's necessary.

Anonymous

hey tyler whats the meausurements of yur box.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1300
It's a dual 12" sealed box.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DUAL-12-SEALED-3-4-MDF-SUBWOOFER-SUB-BOX-ENCLOSURE_W0QQi temZ5868164032QQcategoryZ14945QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's similar to that enclosure, but mine looks better built, and the terminals are on the side of the enclosure, rather than on the rear.

Alone, the enclosure is pretty heavy and sealed very well for a pre-fabbed enclosure. I'm pleased with it. It's ~1.25ft cubed per chamber. I could have gone with just 1ft cubed per chamber, but that would have accentuated the high end more than I like it, as I prefer the lower end to be more boisterous.

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 135
they should ofmade 15" assasins.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1302
I agree. Especially since they're made to be the "drop-in replacement" for the Avalanche! What if you had a 15" Avalanche, are you just supposed to drop in a 12" Assassin?!?!?!?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us