HU Skipping, but I think it may be from subs...

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1285
Ok, so it was pretty early in the morning (7 AM). I was outside listening to my system for a minute before I left for school. And I was listening to "How We Do" by 50 Cent.

Now, it was cold (30 degrees or less) and the subs were pretty loud lol (ok, running as loud as I let them, when the windshield flexes lol). And with the windows or trunk open, there wasn't skipping. With everything sealed up, it started crazy skipping.

Could this just have been from the HU being cold or the laser or SOMETHING just being cold? Because on a normal temp. day or on a cold day when the HU has had time to warm up a bit, this problem doesn't exist, even when driving and coming across bumps and such.

Just wondering. If it is the subs causing this at high levels with everything sealed, I guess that means 1. I should never go ported, and 2. I need to brace or make my HU vibration proof somehow, but still easily accesible from the back.

Any help, much appreciated

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5109
yes your HU needs time to warm up on cold days. My alpine when I get in my truck in the morning can't even scroll the singers name accross the screen without missing letters and stuff. It isnt good for them to be cranked on before proper warm up time when it is that cold. they need to warm up and the components inside need to get a chance to get moving up to speed.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1286
I see, that's very helpful. Otherwise I was going to be really upset, since the HU isn't even a year old yet! I don't get any display problems or anything, just that.

How old is your HU by the way? Just curious, because I need to know when I can expect other stupid stuff to be happening...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us