1 15" brahma?

Silver Member
Username: Stamant

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 116
I listen mainly to hard rock. Would one 15" Brahma be able to hit the fast double bass drums? Or is it true that 10" or even 12" subs are made more for this type of music?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5106
in the proper enclosure with a good amp the brahma 15 will be able to hold up to an double kick drum you throw at it.

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 634
whats a double kick drum?

Silver Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 117
James, would it sound good in a ported box and be able to hit the fast beats?

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 636
is a double kick drum when the drummer kicks the kick drum quickly?

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 132
Name a song that uses a double kick drum.

Silver Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 118
One by Metallica

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5110
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Drums/Percussion/Parts/Hardware?sku=44540 0 it is a kick drum but with 2 hammers that hit one after another very fast.

lots by metalllica:-)

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2154
how fast a sub plays is largely a factor of the xo and inductance of the driver.
NOT the displacement
http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/TechPapers/WooferSpeed.pdf

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5602
Brahma isn't really a kick drum kind of sub in any size. It's more for 60hz on down, gets kind of muddy in the midbass transition area.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5603
Keep in mind it will play that fast, it just doesn't sound as good doing it compared to some good midbass drivers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2156
"Brahma isn't really a kick drum kind of sub in any size. It's more for 60hz on down, gets kind of muddy in the midbass transition area."

my 12's transition really well from my 6.5's. with kicks, the mids handle everything from 600-60hz, and the subs do an excellent job from there (mostly harmonics?).
generally, the kicks are going to be muddy below 80hz anyway.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5605
That's b/c you have them crossed at 60hz. Kick drums, double basses, that's more 60-100hz and higher territory, not what I'd consider to be a duty for a sub. I think it's important to point out the difference between midbass and subbass from your mids :-)

Iridium midbasses are stouter than your typical 6.5", too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2157
indeed. a great set altogether i think (the iridiums). i wonder how the nobeliums will do in comparison (any word?), and if they might utilize the tech thrown into the 8" prototypes.
but with regards to the system, the more i buy the more difficult it is to coordinate properly. between the car system and the home studio, i just can't seem to ever get close enough to perfect. something always happens. just got my window broken into in the school lot (chicago). so now i have to redo the whole system to stealth. otherwise it's just not worth the looking over my shoulder everyday.

Silver Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 119
Jonathan, because I listen mainly to hard rock and you said, "Brahma isn't really a kick drum kind of sub in any size. It's more for 60hz on down, gets kind of muddy in the midbass transition area," what setup do you reccomend for me. I wanted to spend no more than $500 for the subs. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 279
A good high extension sub is the RL-p or ED Ov.2 series. I would probably go with the RL-p. But with double kicks and some of the more midbass I'd get a good set of comps that can be crossed at 50hz or 60hz on a 12db slope. Or get midbass drivers like Tang Band 6.5s or some companies 8in subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us