Will changing boxes help with this?

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 947
will changing from one of those dual bandpass boxes (those cheap ones they have at best buy..4 holes and the plxiglass) to a sealed box make a difference in sound....better sound??

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5601
what kind of subs are they???, usally sealed sounds better then ported and bandpass

Silver Member

Post Number: 949
they are audionahns, i dont really like them, but i HATE the box and the glass rattles off, so would a sealed help?

even if it doesnt help i will probably need a new box

they are 400 rms each

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1776
id port em at least man

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5603
They will sound better but not be as loud

G00D
Bandpass can be designed to play loud or low depending on your needs, by design produce a limited band with, the woofer cone does not move as much other designs (sealed,ported) reducing the chance of added distortion.

Bad
Bandpass boxes have a tendency to sound boomy not tight, typically these enclosures don't sound as good reproducing Music requiring great detail such as Jazz or Classical music.

Overall
These enclosures are usually big, and very unforgiving when precise volumes and port sizes are not followed. Bandpass boxes also tend to mask distortion. If you can't hear distortion and turn your stereo down in time, you could damage your subs.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5093
yes it should make a HUGE difference!

Silver Member

Post Number: 954
sealed??

Silver Member

Post Number: 955
or ported

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5095
I am not to familiar with those subs but I believe they are more suited towards ported.

Bronze Member
Username: Ironslave

Post Number: 26
Well.. to make it simple if you want ported i wouldnt juggest using that POS box from best buy... that box made my subs sound like crap.

after the duals blew.. (they lasted about 6 months) i just started popping in one sub after another... they all sounded like crap in that box

me personally i am WAY WAY happier with a sealed box....

Silver Member

Post Number: 966
i guess ill get sealed then..and i just wanna spend the least amount of $ b/c i will get new stuff soon

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 314
build one, sealed is very easy to build and very cheap, you can also work with what your subs need and how much room you have
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us