NEW HEAD UNIT OR FACTORY

Anonymous

I have 05 4 runner with 10" JL AUDIO SUB AND 250/1 JL ADUDIO AMP. I WANT GOOD SOUND QUILITY. I LIKE THE FACTORY LOOK AND THE IDEA OF NOT ADVERTISING SYSTEM WITH NEW HEAD UNIT. THINKING ABOUT ADDING 4 CHANNEL JL AUDIO AMP TO FACTORY HEAD UNIT OR BUYING NEW ECLIPSE 4000 OR THE NEW ALPINE 9857. IF I BUY THE ECLIPSE WILL ALSO HAVE TO BUY CAR ALARM DUE TO NON DETACHABLE FACE. WHICH WOULD GIVE ME THE BEST SOUND NEW HEAD UNIT OR ADDING AMP TO FACTORY UNIT.

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 65
does your stock HU have RCA outputs?
if so (and i take it youd rather use your stock HU) just save yourself some money and use that

Anonymous

When I added sub and amp to factory head unit, thay had to tie in the rca outputs to my back speakers. I have since been told you loose some sound quality when doing this, how much I dont know?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2675
I've never seen a stock headunit with RCA outputs...

The thing they tied into your car is a LOC (line output converter) which does indeed have slightly worse sound quality. Essentially, it converts the speaker wires to RCA pre-outs.

A great headunit to get would be a Nakamichi-specifically the CD300. Though you might want to check on the amount of pre-outs you'll need.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us