MECP

Bronze Member
Username: Bulldogsm2008

Iowa City, Iowa

Post Number: 25
are any of you MECP certified and if so how long did it take you to get ready and actually pass the exam. i plan on getting certified as a basic installer sometime and i was just wondering. also any parts of the test that are crutial to know. i have read the car stereo cookbook but i still think i need to learn alot more before i could pass

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1028
i have the mecp basic installers book, read it, know it, but never took the test, lol.

you just gotta get the books and go take the test. theres different levels of installers and stuff too.

they changed it where you have to go to like a college class to take the tests now i think, before you could just get the test in the mail and go to a library and have them sign saying you didn't cheat or something like that, lol. the tests are also only good for so long befor eyou have to retake them.

if they still have a practice test on their web site, you should take it and see how that goes. its hard from what i've heard, so do some studying.

the book flat out tells you the percentage break down of how much they pull from each section of the book.

good luck if you take it!!

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11161
I'm gold certified.
just get the study guide and learn it.
you should be fine for basic.

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 952
wheres do you get the study guide

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 953
nevermind got it

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11166
amazon

Bronze Member
Username: Ruthless06

Post Number: 17
hey glass do you know somewhere where i can take a practice test? besides ce.org one that i've seen way to many times? lol, i take my test next tuesday
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us