Trying to choose between IDMAX and Brahma 12's

Username: Ergodyne

Post Number: 10
I currently have a Memphis 500x1 (16-MCD500) and I am unsure of whether or not this would be sufficiet power for either subwoofers. The application would be leaning more towards sound quality.
The only reason i am asking is; i am hoping i can avoid buying a larger amp and still achieve satisfactory performance form either sub (yes i will only be running 1).

Any of you out there running either of these subs, it would be cool if you would post some details about what you've got it/them set up with.

Lastly sealed or ported.
Thanx

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 272
The Brahma may be better suited for the power but it can take more than that. The IDMAx does better off of 700+rms.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5076
that amp will run a ID max a little better then a brahma, being that it takes a little more power to run the brahma. You could go with either sealed, or ported. Know that the smaller you go sealed the more power it takes to drive the sub to its limits. I would go ID max sealed 1.5-2.0 cu/ft with your power, and ported 2.0-2.5 cu/ft tuned to 30hz. If you do go brahma check this out for enclosures and power handling. http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/BrahmaPowerHandling.pdf

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5600
Brahma is hellaciously inefficient. Go with the Max with 500W RMS. You can up the power and reap the most from both, but the ID Max will do very well with 500W RMS.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3110
Rich, im trying to decided if i want to go sealed or ported right now.

Sealed at 1.5 cuft

Ported at 2.5 cuft @ 25-28hz but not sure what to tune it to since i have a camry and its going in the trunk.

I will be using 600 watts rms off my ppi a600.2 @ 4 ohm

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5081
"hellaciously inefficient"
lolol!

Bronze Member
Username: Ergodyne

Post Number: 11
If i were to go ported 2-2.5 cu ft tuned to 30 Hz what kind of differences would i notice (aside from higher SPL) from a sealed enclosure.
Would i be correct in saying that there would be less distortion from the ported enclosure at higher listening levels and vice versa for sealed?

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 374
With that amp you'd be underpowering both subs a few hundred watts... With that being said and the excellent sound quality of both drivers being known, I don't think you'll notice any distortion at any listening level if setup correctly and not driving the amp into clipping...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us