Odd problem, some sound out of one, full sound out of the other!!

Bronze Member
Username: Kevbo887

Post Number: 60
So for some unknown reason my left 6x9 speaker would get no sound at all, and the right would get all the sound. Alright, whatever no problem figured it would be a problem with my left speaker and I needed an upgrade anyways. Went out and bought the Alpine Type S. Ok I hook them all up and now the left speaker gets SOME sound (barely any at all though) and the right speaker still works fine. Hmmmm.... I tried switching the wires from + and - just to double check, but no go! Im really wondering what the problem is here? Im almost positive nothing came lose in the wiring behind the cd player as it does get some power, but could that be it? Or do I really need to attempt to run a whole new set of wires from the back of the CD player to the speakers, if thats the case then oh gosh thats not going to be fun at all.

Hmmm, anyway to test if my wiring is good or if its possibly an issue with my cd player? I can attemp to rehook up my factory tape player, but id rather not have to go through all of that hassle just to find out if its the cd player causing this. Hopefully Ill get some insight from all of you.

THANKS!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
Well I mutli metere tested everything and no go. Everything was fine, I also tested out all the wiring and even switched it up and it was just fine. Im wondering if there is a way to test the cd player channeling to make sure everything is ok rather then going out to buy one to see if that works.....any tips?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 811
First; CHECK THE BALLANCE (lol)

J/K

"So for some unknown reason my left 6x9 speaker would get no sound at all, and the right would get all the sound"

This sounds as if the wiring is not right. It sounds as if your right 6X9 is getting bridged power, while the left is probably getting two (-) wires.

"do I really need to attempt to run a whole new set of wires"

Yes;

It may be the case. It sounds as if you "TRUSTED" that the wires coming from the HU to your speaker locations are actually routed right. I found out the hard way that many times the wiring is routed wrong (not by factory, but by non-pros).

I almost always re wire all of my wiring. I usually upgrade too.

Last but not least, your HU may be malfunctioning.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Well, I tested all of the wiring and everything seems to be incheck. I also mix and matched some wiresjust to see if I did make a mistake, and that does not seem to be apparent.....hmmmm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
Is there anyway to test the actual headunit to find anything wrong?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
Weird thing is, I checked the ground on the speakers as well. No problem with them.

Im really thinking its a headunit problem as its the same for the front left now as well when I check them. Im thinking that their is something wrong internally with the balance configuration in the unit. I really wish their was a way to test this out. I mean, I even took it all out, checked all the wiring, and even made sure it was all correct, and everything is in the clear!! Really starting to upset me, and of course I somehow managed to lose the plug for the factory headunit so I cant put that back in just to check it out.

It was really weird though, because my right speaker wire came undone when I was driving (didnt tightly put it back on when i took it apart to mess with stuff) and the left rear fill sounded EXTREMELY loud like it should be, then when I replugged it in the left rear fill was once again back at low levels. Argh, maybe the amp in the cd player cant push out enough power for all the speakers?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
Turns out I ended up finding the connectors in my basement for my stock headunit. Hooked that old beast up and look at that, all speakers work fine, went to plug in my aftermarket headunit and it started up, still had the same problem, then it literally crapped out on me, wouldnt do nothing. Decided to pop it open and there is melted stuff everywhere inside of it. Never again will I buy Panasonic(second one that has happened like this from them) Im gonna go buy one of those Pioneer Premieres on my day off on Friday and get that going.

Still debating if I should amp up the speakers, or put my powered sub in the trunk again. Im not a huge fan of massive bass anymore (had two 12" type R's in there before and they were nice, but to much, so I sold them)

I have two 6x9 Alpine type S in the rear fill right now, and even with the factory unit they kick enough for me to be happy with (and mind you, this guys pushing out prolly 8-10 watts of rms compared to the 22rms that the pioneer pushes out) Only problem is the two 6 1/2 peice of junk pioneer speakers I have in the front. 1 of wich is completely blown.Any recommendations for some decent, but relativaly cheap (I mean cheap!) speakers I should get for the front just for highs and some mids? Im debating if I should go Walmarts Lightining Audio to replace the two I have right now, they are only like 15 dollars......I know its against my will, but hey if it sounds decent then who cares! Any suggestions?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us