Tru tech amps

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 568
Has anyone used or seen these amps? The hammer series looks pretty impressive .5ohm, 70% efficincy, and pretty small for the power. i saw them at http://www.bladeice.com/

that site also sells RE which is pretty cool.

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 450
they can handle .5 load?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5518
never used it, but that site has super high prices, I take it there in England

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2147
i love the sound of their class t's. very clean. i had the opportunity to inspect that hammer too. the fairchild edition. both were in their prototype stages. i just don't appreciate the illusion that they are built in america.
http://www.iabyss.co.kr/

and now they maintain that it's just the casings that were built abroad. what a bucket of horsepucky

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 570
the tube series is kind of interesting. i have never heard an all tube amp for car audio, however i have a guitar amp that is 100W all tube and it pushes 4 12s like its nothing.

the prices are very high on that website, which is never helpful when you are 17 and dont have a job...

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11147
Tru makes outstanding amplifiers

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5601
Glasswolf :

What about INTERFIRE AMPS ????

i ran a thread asking about it few wks back & it seems no1 here ever used it ....

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5602
damn thread did not bump.....

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 571
glasswolf, over the summer im going to get 4 15' treo TSxs. what amp/amps do you think i should get to push them? price wise i would like to keep it under 1500 and somewhere between 2000-3000rms. i was thinking Zapco C2k 9.0 but if you know of any amps that i probably have not heard of please tell me. thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2148
"What about INTERFIRE AMPS ????"

i can speak for the IFD600c. it makes its power rating, but at 8% distortion. adequate power of any kind at 1-3% is out of the question. a dealer i know claims that the problem is isolated to that and another 600 watt model (can't recall). but that the 1000C is bulletproof. also, the IFH-2120 tied w/the jbl crown for CA&E #1 amp for '04.

i woudn't trust the amp. even if it is made right down the street from crossfire.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 572
a shop by me was really big on crossfire amps the past few years, but this year they completely dropped the whole line because crossfire kept pushing them into trying the interfire amps. apparently they are made very low quality and are more for show than anything. this years amps have interfire BY CROSSFIRE written all over them trying to make it seem like its really a crossfire amp. this is just what ive heard and theres a chance some of it is false or somewhat untrue.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1156
Jake those Treos will sound..... L O U D...
lets just say I heard 4 of em on 4K!! =D
Its the lowest thing I have ever experienced!

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5606
thanx mikechec9 ....

been hearing talk about ppl in my country using them & they say its good but from what u said about that 8% - that kinda turns me off bigtime ......any sites/links u can post so i can take a read of any1 who tested it ???......

Gold Member

Post Number: 2149
there was an article in performance auto and sound from a while back. can't recall the issue. i'll look again for it in case there is anything else.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2150

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5608
ok cool ........

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 270
Tru amp are probably built the same way USAmps are built, casing and some of the lower line parts sourced outside the country but the major parts like coils done in the US and assembly in the US. Also I believe Tru sources out its own stuff overseas. I am sure Fairchild had quite a few connections that he could have used. if i had the money i'd jump on them but only thing you need to remember is that even though the Hammer makes tremendous amounts of power, the protection level on it is slim to nothing. Ask Nick from SI about his friends Hammer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2151
"Tru amp are probably built the same way USAmps are built, casing and some of the lower line parts sourced outside the country but the major parts like coils done in the US and assembly in the US."

so is it a coincidence that the casings for abyss' tube amps are the same for the tru tube amp? i mean how many tube amps exist in car audio today? they're few and far between. so it just happens to be that tru decides to manufacture/design a tube amp at the same time that abyss does? this is the case (no pun intended) for all of their amps. not bashing, b/c i love them. but i think in reality, i'm likely a fan of abyss.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 274
So why you think the tube amps are made by the Korean company? IIRC the A class, SH-1 and tubes are all hand made in the US. More than likely, Tru has rebadged these for overmarket companies as I would say John Fairchild and John Yi have been around for a while. You can always go on ICIX and ask John Yi, he usually answers in a few days.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2158
"More than likely, Tru has rebadged these for overmarket companies"

nope. the inverse, as per one of their representatives. hence, my skepticism. unless you are suggesting that korea makes the casings and america builds the components. while that would make for "cooperative economics," i at least know the former to be true (my goodness, the puns:-) )

Gold Member

Post Number: 2159
also, tru has said that only now do they build their own casings as of the billet series. why not do that in the first place? still great amps though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us