Strange Speaker Problem

mjs1089
Unregistered guest
Alright so a couple weeks ago I installed a new cd deck in my car. A couple days ago, I put in a cd to listen to while driving, and the front passenger door speaker wouldn't work. I pressed the mode button to turn it back to FM radio and it worked. I thought "Oh good its working now," so I pressed the mode button again to turn it back to the cd. Again, the speaker doesn't work. So then I play around with the left/right balance adjustment, thinking maybe that's the problem, but no, even when i put the balance fully to the right, I hear nothing. I have no idea why a speaker would work with the radio playing but not with a cd playing so if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

mixneffect
Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 810
"I put in a cd to listen to while driving, and the front passenger door speaker wouldn't work. I pressed the mode button to turn it back to FM radio and it worked."

Your HU may have a common ground via your antannae or power antannae. This means that your antannae may be the grounding source for your speakers negative (-) wire.

Or;

You may have a short in your wiring. Either by a wrong wiring route, or by accident.

Check your wiring with a fine tooth comb.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us