Kappa 693.7i 6x9 3-WAY have dual voice coils and want to add another tweeter to it?

Bronze Member
Username: Bradgman

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 52
I have the INFINITY KAPPA 693.7i 6x9" 3-WAY speakers only ( no other speakers just those two). They are pushed by a 1ohm stable 2ch amp. The kappas have dual voice coil and one of the coils is for the tweeter and the other is for the base and mids ( I think or tweets and mids then the other is for base). It's not a real dual voice coil but it has it. My question is can I wire another tweeter with the voice coil that is for the tweeters by adding it to that voice coil? I want to have both speakers and 2 tweeters but only have a 2ch amp and think that may work. Basically it goes +- to the speaker but right before it is a crossover that bridges off to 2 sets of +-. So on the set for the tweeters can I add another dome tweeter to it and another dome tweeter to the other speaker?
Hopefully that is not too confusing.
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Bradgman

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 55
Also if the new tweeters are 4ohm with there own crossover is that still okay or if they have there own crossover should I just ad them to the amp instead of wiring them to the kappas crossover. Also what will the ohm load be on a 2ch 1ohm amp with the kappas which are 2ohm and the tweeters which are 4ohm? The amp is a Kicker 600.2 I think.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11141
STOP CROSS-POSTING.

Once is enough.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us