Pyle amp and Pyramid subs...I need help

I have:

2) 10" Pyramid subs ::: pw1096
1000 watts peak per sub
500 watts RMS per sub

1) 1400 watt Pyle amp ::: pla1440
700x2 @ 4 ohms (RMS power)
or 350x2 @ 2 ohms (RMS power)

Can I power 700 watts to each sub without any problems? They have a peak of 1000w, but an RMS of only 500w. Will I blow them running more power to them than their RMS? Otherwise can I bridge it to 2 ohms and power them with 350/channel at 2 ohms without overheating the amp? Please help!

jf
you'll blow them because they are crap subs

ceres
Dude, what you a saying about your amp doesn't make sense. Are pw 1096 hyper pros? if they are or they are imperials, or they are royal reds, and your amp is 700watts at 4 ohms you will be set. you will probably have less problems than if you were to run not enough power to them

I have a pyramid 1800watt amp 900watt x 2 into 8 ohms (2x250rms), 1800watts x 2 into 4 0hms, bridgeable to 1800 watts x 1 into 8 ohms.

I have two gemsound pro series GSP-30 1200watt peak 600watt rms @ 8ohm speakers. Will this pyramid 1800watt amp be enough power to push these speakers because I'm not quite understanding the (2x250watt rms) represents from the spec breakdown.

If this amp is not powerfull enough to play these speakers at it's optimal sound potential please advise me on what power amp you would reccommend.

Ill out hit U
So when u boyz going to step up to the big boys & stop playing with that Wal-Mart system crap!?!?!

It's pretty obvious you can't answer the question because if you could you would have, I was looking for a more mature and more intelligant answer but I guess that's impossible for young minds to understand. I really don't care whether you can out hit me or not I'm not a DJ, I'm using this inexpensive system for PA use for a friend of mine who is trying to raise money to go into the studio to record GOSPEL MUSIC. This toy system will be used for mini Gospel concerts I'll be putting together for him as a gift, free of charge from one Christian brother to another. I'm a youth minister and a deacon in my church and I really don't care if you or anybody else out there can out hit me or not. I bet the young lad who answered back to me about using these Wal-Mart systems does not even have it in his heart to help anyone else but himself. And for the record, I own my own business that is well in the six figure income bracket if you know what that means, I could afford to step up with the big BOYS!!!!! as you call it. In the eyes of "GOD" I AM THE BIG BOY ALREADY!!!! If you have any intelligant answers to give to me as a gift, free of charge, respond with a change of heart and a sound mind. I only asked the question about the GEM SOUND speakers and the pyramid amp because this is not my area of expertise! Gemsound GSP-30 1200watt @ 8 ohm powered by pyramid 1800 watt amp. Thanks in advance my brother and I will continue to pray for you!!! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!!

Anonymous
hey partrick, god called...he said your g ay

Andrew
lol

holly
yo r (pyramid power)subs 500 wats each any good

Hollly
do they pound or what ?????

dont you people read the other posts? these same questions get asked at least 2 times a day, every day. pyramid subs are crap. period. in some small situations, you can make them sound good with the right install, but those situations dont come along very often.

Justin, your subs are single voice coil 4-ohm so you should run your amp in regular old 2-ch stereo and put one woofer to each channel. I don't think your amp has an internal crossover so you'll want to make sure you consider getting an external low-pass crossover. This will really help the sound and keep your woofers from working overtime to try and make sound they weren't meant to.

Patrick, the amp you have WILL power your drivers. It's not going to be concert quality but it will work. If you are going to use this on a PA system, I am assuming you won't be doing it from within a car. Even lower end amps like yours draw a lot of power, you'll need a power supply that can produce at least 40amps of continuous 12v power. The power supply alone can cost you in the neighborhood of a grand and if you try to use a lesser rated power supply you run the risk (very high risk) of damaging both the amp and the power supply.

You'd be better off geting on Ebay and finding a good used PA amp....hope this helps and sorry about the immature punks in here that have nothing better to do than rag on other people.

Pyramid makes a good sub for the money. Stay away from there cheap models. Get ones with kapton voice coil formers.Stay away from aluminum formers,they dont take the heat of extended high volume listening. Buy speakers with at least a 2 in. voice coil (10-12's) 2.5-3 in (15's) at least a 3in for 18's. Speaker efficincy is very important for the budget challenged.Obviously you are if your playing with a Pyle amp.Look for speakers with at least 90db efficincy. FYI you would be lucky if your amp make 300 real watts. You get what you pay for for amps. I have found buying a good used amp is better than a new junk amp(pyle). You probly wont blow your sreakers with it by too much power but you could blow them from too much distortion. For a cheap amp be conservitive with the gain control. Too much gain= hot amp,shortened life,distortion. Dont let your subs distort trying to pinch more spl. If you need more spl buy another pair of subs. There is something that is majical about four subs.Pyramids are cheap enough I would have to reccomend running four so long as you have the room. I would sell that Pyle amp to one of your not so smart friends and buy a good used one.An old Rockford Fosgate Punch 100 would probly run 4- pyramid subs clean. I run 15's with one I bought for $55 at the local pawn shop. Two punch 40's work good too but you must have at least a 100 amp alternator to run that much power. Most alternators will run your pyle of junk just fine.
Just more Fyi probly the most common mistakes I see people make with their subs is having one speaker reverse polarity. Face to face applications require reversing one but standard boxes dont.If you hook up your tunes and they dont sound as good as you think they should try reversing the polarity on one sub. The more you have the more difficult it is to keep it all straight.I guess you are off to a decent start on a system on a budget. I would have to guess you are new to this judging by your product choices,but I'll tell you what you are probly way ahead of most young people. If You have any questions E mail me at my wifes adress my name is Rob. stacie1wagner@aol.com

I'm looking to put a sub in my car... i'm tired of having sales people tell me what should go in my car instead of showing me what i want in my car... anyways i was wondering if any of you had suggestions as to what kind of sub and amp would work well. i dont want anything too overpowering. MTX and Alpine are too loud for me... but i liked how the pioneer sounded... i'm thinkin i want just one 12"... and if any of you are from BC canada let me know a good place to go for that... thanks!

Anonymous
i was plannin on gettin 2 12" pyramid PW12290 subs that are 600 watts RMS a peice and gettin a legacy 2400 watt amp.Is this a good buy and worth the money.

motoman22
Natalie, if you just want some 'bump' added to your existing system you should check into a powered Bazooka tube. They are small, efficient, sound GREAT, easy to hook up, don't need an outside amplifier, and take up about as much room as a couple of milk jugs.

You can see them here:
http://www.audio-warehouse.com/web/category/Amplifed+Woofer+Tubes/manufacturer/Bazooka/prod.asp

Even the $150 6.5" powered tube is impressive but really impressive when you have two of them. Where you mount these makes a difference, they come with pictures showing you the ideal place to put them and yes, it is important.

Anynomous, how can we tell you if it is a good buy or worth the money if we don't know how much you are going to spend?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us