MTX 9500 gone forever??

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5449
I heard that the MTX 9500 series subs have been DISCONTINUED!!, anybody else heard this???

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 36
naw man. where did u hear it from?

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 607
good

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5451
They where talking about it, here at a shop today, something abouts costing alot to make them and them not selling.Also i have been looking around and a couple of sites have already dropped them.

Partsexpress
Yazoo
Audio-n-more

Silver Member

Post Number: 608
they sucked anyway

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 37
not a fan of MTX at all, Jackhammer was a total waste. they need to make some new stuff thats worth buying!

Aruman
Unregistered guest
maybe they will stop to make the MTX 8500 series, but the MTX 9500 series, i don't realy think so but it can happen, i also hear that MTX is comming with a newline product a lower one it will be calling MTX TC or Exthunder or something like that not so sure about, do you guys hear something about it?

Username: Thunderforce

Netherlands

Post Number: 10
MTX is comming with new lines:

MTX TC (Thunder Classic)
MTX XThunder

The Road Thunder, 4500 and 5500 subs are going to be replaced bij something else.

Instead of the JH the could better make a good 18inch woofer.

Anonymous

• 9500 are not being discontinued

• MTX Thunder TC (not Thunder Classic)
will be a line of amplifiers comparable to the previous
thunder amps before the thunder TA series. Basiclly all the
power with out all the bells and whistles of the fan cooling
and "basic" eq settings

• MTX XThunder is a "European only" line of product that will not
be offered in the states

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 268
so if i am reading this correctly, MTX is making a newer lower line of crap to add on to their already crappy line of products and still not making a product worth buying??? Sounds like a good business.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5515
LOL^^LOL^^LOL^^LOLOLOLOLOOLOOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL^^^^^

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2159
hahaha...have yall been on MTX's site to see that flash thing that "proves" their subs are louder?

http://www.mtx.com/Flash2/volume_displacement.cfm

that is the biggest bunch of B.S. i have ever seen...it says that 1 9515 would be 8.83dB louder and a soloX 18. (LMMFAO!!!)

and that 1 9522 is louder than 12 solox18's....bwwaaaahahahahaha...bullsh!t :-)

looks like MTX is setting a blazing pace to become worse than *cough* audiobahn *cough*

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5520
wow, i really hope nobody believes that thing

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2160
yea...mtx also has a vid on the site that is titled something like "mtx smoke the competition"

in the vid they have an L7, w7, and a 9500. they hook them up to some crown amps and let them play free air. the L7 and w7 smoke at like 105V...the 9500 makes it to 142V. you might say, "wow, the mtx took the power better" WRONG! they never state the amperage the subs were seeing...or the freq, or wave form, or even show how long it took to kill the subs.

at the end of the vid some guy says, "we have never smoked one of these woofers"....all i can say is, "let me borrow one"

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 717
no actually marshall (not trying to say mtx is the best) but mtx is very good at not breaking and burning up

Bronze Member

Netherlands

Post Number: 17
Do you know what the problem is. Do you know the price of a 9515-44 in the netherlands? thats 1100euro thats more than 1100 dollar. Thats why we dont smoke so much woofers, but the funny thing is we are louder than you are. WHY????
because you all think if i have enough power ill be hitting high. WRONG!!! The Box thats the F#cking most important thing. Look at the SPL scores and than the power we are using and then the power you are using thats lol and where louder most of the time

The MTX Xthunder line is exclusive for europe WHY??? That will be the new SPL Amps lol
New Subs are coming to.

This season are will be praticlly no one of the US in the Db Drag classes from Street A tot Superstreet 3/4

Europe will strike F#cking hard this year.
It will be fun

This is the First year we have Bass Race and that will also be fun, there are cars here that will do +160

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2176
Thunder,

i'm not going to argue with you...i know there are some loud very guys over in Europe. And the box is everything in an SPL install. Vehicle selections is another huge influence on how well you will do as well (hatchbacks kick @$$ for SPL in street classes, the smaller the better).

I didnt realize that MTX was big in dBDrag over in Europe. Most of the time i hear of you guys using Atomic, DD, SPL Dymanics, kicker, etc.

Also, almost every world record car i see in the street classes is a tiny hatchback.

Thunder, what car do you use to compete? what kind of equipment do you use? how loud are you?

Bronze Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 25
lol that site claims that a 12" 7500 mtx will stil beat a kicker solo x. If there gonna bs people about there product atleast make it a little more realistic

Bronze Member

Netherlands

Post Number: 18
MTX is not so big in europe, the most is used in france. Ground Zero is dominating the lanes

Aruman
Unregistered guest
i will have to agree with Thunder. that's true, it's depends on the Subwoofer box. the Netherlands have big numbers in SPL and with MTX i don't know why you guys hate MTX so much if it is an American Brand(you guys should be proud that you're country has good brand)i personaly like MTX and i use them i curently have 2 9510-44 in a sealbox and it hit harder than most 12"(not crapy ones) so, i'm thinking MTX is a good brand a lot of people don't know how to make a box or how to set an Amp. i'm not from Europe, but there is a guy from the Netherlands that's one of the most person i respect for car audio, this guy know a lot of car audio and MTX product. even that i'm not from Europe this guy always helped me, i wont give his name, but you can find him on the forum of www.mitekeurope.com i'm not saying that you guys didn't help me, yes you guy's help me too and i'm very happy with that, but when it come to MTX question then the right man is the one from mitekeurope. But the point is that MTX is a good brand, not the best, but hey, not the crapy ones like Pyle, Legacy etc. etc.

Bronze Member

Netherlands

Post Number: 20
Aruman you mean Jacco? the Technical engineer of Mitek europe?

Bronze Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 26
Aruman your right when you say mtx is better than pyle or legacy the thing that I think everyone else is arguing is mtx compared to subs in its same price range. You could by 10 pyle subs for the price of a 9500. With the price range mtx is in they should be putting out way better products. I've seen the 9500 priced at around 650. For 650 there are alot better subs out there goign for half the price.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2179
thunder...i have heard that those Ground Zero amps are pretty nice. The GZPA 1.3000D has the same board as a Viper 2400d. Also, do you know of many people running E-audio? (i heard their amps are nice too.)

Price range is one of the big deals around here. For example: I would much rather spend $580 on 2 RE SX15's than spend $650 on 1 MTX9515.

MTX amps are decent...i'll give them that, but for the price their subs are out gunned by other brands.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1209
Thunder are you saying U.S. guys cant make good sub boxes? ?

I think its more of the car issue size here. lol

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1210
In the U.S. we like big ole vehicles, that weigh tons, and drink lots of gas. People are big over here also, so they like big cars/trucks/suvs; Its the American way.. Big is Just Better; Everything is BIG over here.

Silver Member

Post Number: 631
So basically. Everyones a fat a.ss over here.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5614
Forgot 1

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 632
i didnt put that one cuz i thought it would offend you. lol

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5616
It couldnt be worse then how i offended yo momma last night.lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 633
^^^i was just kidding. i just forgot to put that picture up.

so why dont you just go smoke a blunt and stop talking about peoples mommas.

Upload

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5621
I was just kidding 2, and i dont smoke, if i did i would want a blunt like that though

Anonymous

that my friend, is a joint. lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 637
i wish i had a blunt like that right now............

Bronze Member

Netherlands

Post Number: 21
LOL, is you want to smoke that kind of stuff come to Amsterdam.

Kelly Smith
Unregistered guest
Your really illiterate

Kelly Smith
Unregistered guest
Your really illiterate

Silver Member

Post Number: 638
amsterdam, netherlands?

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1248
yes Pelon, I would love to vist for a year or 2. =D

Silver Member

Post Number: 639
you know the people from the netherlands are the tallest people in the world.

the averade adult male averages 6' 2"

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1251
well Pelon I will fit in perfect with them. 6'2.75 I think I got the perfect height also. lol
People make me look short man... 6'2 aint tall!

Silver Member

Post Number: 642
well just to let you know the average height for an american white man is 5' 9".

Silver Member

Post Number: 643
5 inches less

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1306
Did you know that the MSRP on 12 22" Jackhammers is almost $90k? Then to get the install and the amps, and the alternators, and so on...OMG...

That's not including tax lol.

You're looking at like upwards of $150k!!!

Roy .T
Unregistered guest
dude y not just put like 5 15"s it would be cheaper. right?

Roy .T
Unregistered guest
dude y not just put like 5 15"s it would be cheaper. right?

Silver Member
Username: Efil4zaggin

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 148
did U know that my mtx 12" 7500 hit 362.28 DB with a 72.7cuft. box 4um the Netherlands its made 4Um Platinum.lol

Silver Member

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 153
bump

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1254
"did U know that my mtx 12" 7500 hit 362.28 DB with a 72.7cuft. box 4um the Netherlands its made 4Um Platinum.lol "
^^^
362db? BS!

Silver Member

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 154
my fault it was 552db

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1257
^^lol <