Viper 790xv problems

Username: Magik5

Post Number: 1
i search thru the board and figured that this is the place to ask a question about my alarm. i have a viper 790xv on a 1994 isuzu rodeo. just a couple of days ago it's been acting strange.

when i press unlock, my doors unlock but my remote does nothing..and then beeps 3 times as if it were out of range. but it's not out of range b/c i am right next to it. it does the same for lock, and when i remote start. but eveytime depending on the button pushed my Rodeo does what it's told to do. Just nothing is being transmitted back to my remote. Can someone please help me with this problem ?? any help would be great and i woul dbe forever thankful -- justin

Bronze Member
Username: Akac

Post Number: 13
i have the same problem with mine to. i went to best buy last monday and they said that i need a new remote. they are going to give me a new one and programe it for me im planing on doing this on friday. ill let you know if it works or not.

Username: Magik5

Post Number: 2
cool man, i looked all day and night on this site for some info about it.

mine was installed b4 i bought this, so i hope that dosent make a difference. good luck with your remote and please let me know how it works after that.

Bronze Member
Username: Akac

Post Number: 14
well after calling viper and talking to them, witch they said that the remote needed reprogramed i went to best buy to have them reprogram the remote. they tried mine and an brand new one and nether of them worked they are replacening the hole system next tuseday. they said that the brains of the unit has a life time warreny and will replace it for free. you may wont to give viper a call they may send out a new unit or atleast tell you were to take it to to get it fixed.

Username: Cklee301

I have a Viper 790xv alarm for my civic and the alarm started to act funny a few weeks ago. When I unlock it will beep 3x and the log/unlock logo will always indicate unlock. And all of a sudden the alarm stopped working. It doesn't matter which button you press it won't do anything. So I went to Best Buy and asked them to look at the alarm and they said I need a programming guide. Does anyone have a programming guide for the Viper 790XV or know how to resolve this problem. Please let me know, thanx.
Email: cklee301@gmail.com

Username: Prncesss001

Carrollton, Tx Usa

can anybody help me... i have this viper 790xv on my civic. the other day i had to disable it to replace my battery. the guy who installed it won't call me back, how do i re-arm the system? he told me to turn on the ignition, push the valet switch 9 times, holding it on the 9th, while pushing lock on the remote. this didn't work. anybody know how to arm the system so i can use my remote?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us