Bass Blockers

John Cody
Unregistered guest
Can someone help choose some bass blockers for 4 6.5 Pioneer TS-D161R Speakers?....I want exactly no bass from the speakers.....Thanks

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 569
Those are decent speakers. They should do pretty well in the mid-bass freq's. What are you trying to achieve?

I take it you're not using an amp?

There are bass blockers on ebay for about $6 shipped. 85hz, 100hz or 200hz.

John Cody
Unregistered guest
Actually the reason I want to complety block the bass is because the depth of the speaker is too big for my door and I had to use spacers to make it fit.....but now when ever there is bass from the speaker it hit the panel.......And yes they are being pushed by an amp Kenwood-8402.....so basically i want zero bass from the speakers.....wuts the difference wit 85hz,100hz,and 200z...Thanks agian

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 570
you don't need bass blockers. Your 8402 already has crossovers on it. According to the specs it should hi-pass at at 200hz - 12db/octave.

That means the crossover begins to reduce any frequency below 200hz at a slope of 12db per octave. That means a note at 100hz would be 12db quieter than the sounds above 200hz. It should eliminate ALL of the low bass, and a lot of the mid-bass.

Set your filters to HPF and turn the dials to their highest.

John Cody
Unregistered guest
Thanks alot----it really help out alot. :-)

John Cody
Unregistered guest
Thanks alot----it really helped out alot. :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11086
to eliminate bass totally, go 100Hz high-pass, 24dB/octave.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us