Alpine Bluetooth

Username: Figone47

Post Number: 1
I've been checking the Alpine site to find out about the 2006 product line up, but the site seems like kind of a mess right now. In the catalog, it's saying they have bluetooth compatibility with all ai-net head units. But I haven't seen any bluetooth adapters or interfaces. Anyone heard of anything?

Nanbakat
Unregistered guest
If you download the 2006 PDF catalog there is a picture of the thing. It costs about 230 bucks. (ouch) It is useful for transferring phone calls to the Alpine HU so that you can hear them on your car audio system. Supposedly, the system syncs automatically with your phone or computer as you get into the car without you having to do anything else.

It can supposedly also play music directly from a cell phone, for instance, and "beam" it to the HU. This will eventually take over the function of a crappy FM transmitter to connect aux input sources (like an IPod)

Meanwile...back to reality.

230 bucks to hear phone calls over your car radio speakers? Sounds very expensive to me for the limited functionality that you achieve.

If it were around 50 bucks...I'd buy it.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2649
Nice post, Nanbakat.

Bronze Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 79
ouch, that's a little steep. I was even thinking I'd pay $100 for the convenience, but that's half the cost of my head unit, or my phone. I guess I'll have to keep my eye open on ebay.

Nanbakat
Unregistered guest
That's the MSRP cost as listed on the Alpine website. Who knows what the little doo-hickey would actually sell for at one of those discount Internet places. But I'd have a hard time imagining that it would cost less than 100 bucks. It's a shame, too, because I'd totally get it if the price were reasonable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us