MP3CD Display

Unregistered guest
I have a car stereo (from Volkswagon factory) that plays CDs/MP3CDs/Sirius/Radio.

My question is about MP3CDs. The display shows "Track ###" in large text, then on the left below: artist, and on the right: Song Title.

The driver's manual states that the unit supports ID3 tag v1 (not 2 or 3). To clarify, only information stored on the ID3 tag v1 will be displayed. This insures that the artist/songtitle will be displayed at the bottom.

-But- my problem is with the "Track Title ###". This display represents the song's track number on the MP3CD (not the original album). And with an MP3CD of about 150 songs that really is useless.
So my question is...

Is there some way to change this display to something else...ie the songtitle/artist?

Thanks in Advance! =)

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1461
Eh, I doubt anyone on here is going to be able to help you with that. Just from general knowlege, I'd say no. Most OEM HU's don't have those kind of options. Your best bet is the manual, or ask a dealership. But I highly doubt it. But maybe someone here knows and will stop in...

Unregistered guest
Yeah, the more I look around, the more it looks like just a flaw of the player itself.

It's really rediculous that they bothered to put a sound system display in the dash (behind the steering wheel) when all it says for MP3CDs is Track 068 Folder 002. That really helps. Thanks Volkswagon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us