Car stereo converting to home "surround sound"

Username: Xtrememe500

Buffalo, Ny United State...

Post Number: 1
Ok, what's up guys, im curious about what would be the effects of me hooking up my 2 12" subs and 500 watt amp(crap, but im working on it) to my stereo in my bedroom.M'kay so, my question to you guys is, what kind of cables would i need to do this and what would happen to either my subs or my stereo..
Tahnks again,there aren't stupid questions, just stupid people.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11025
you'd need a high current AC to DC power converter.
They're generally as expensive as just buying a decent home amp, although a real amp for the home would give better results.

it's generally cost prohibitive to run car audio in a house (amps) the speakers, just be careful because many home amps are only 8 ohm stable, and most car speakers are set up for 4 or less ohms.

some may try to tell you a PC power supply can run a car stereo amp, but in all seriousness, they aren't made for that and can't handle sustained current draw at the levels needed for even moderately sized car amps.
You run a high risk of starting an electrical fire that way, and a car battery on a trickle charger will cause the battery to bloat nd gas, and in a house that can kill you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us