Sub & Amp Setup

I have a 1400 watt rms pyle amp and 2 10" pyramid 1000watt peak 500watt rms subs. The amp is 700x2 into 4 ohms or 350x2 into 2 ohms. The subs are 4ohm. What would be the best way to hook it up? I'm afraid that 700 watts into a sub is going to blow them. Should I get a less powerful amp or better subs or is this setup going to work?

Is there a way I can bridge it to 350x2 into 2 ohms and run my 2 4 ohm subs? Or would I be safe running it at 700x2 into 4? Please let me know. Thanks,
Justin Stark

How do I install an amp into my car? I have an 93' crown Victoria. I would need a detailed description also of what wires and where to hook it up on the battery. thanks, Jimmy Jost

TD Bailey
fellas-- 1st guy...yes run it at 700x2 and just adjust your gain accordingly to what you hear. 2nd guy...you need to get someone professional to do that so you don't screw your ride up or blow your sounds up, aight? if you live near willmington, NC...i'll help you out,son.

hot carl
yes listen to this guy......you get your best response from a 4 ohm load. so run it 700x2 at 4 ohms. just adjust the gain so it does not blow your subs. Get good wires to use to install everything(I prefer mtx audio) they might be a little expensive but in the long run you will get the best sound overall. but if you dont know what your doing.....have wone of your buddies or something do it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us