Need help with ev's

Bronze Member
Username: Toomuchsound

Staten island, N.y. Usa

Post Number: 13
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is the deal i have 4 10 inch ev's im using for mids.if anyone here know what they are. btu i have hem in like a board so i can get the full effect. but here is the thing my friend has 2 of them in his car and his is louder than mine. he has an audi car and i have the new buick rendezvous truck but i dont understand why mine is lower than his. his are in his deck right next to the window and mine are built in a deck right next to the window-but here is the funny thing when i open the hatch it sounds like a block party-why cant i get all the voice to go forward? can someone help. for bass i have 4 12 inch jl audio w6v2 subs and 2 1000.1 jl amps so can someone recommend any thing about why my voice is lower volume in the front and loud in the back when i open the hatch= please

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 152
well not sure what an "ev" is but a 10in driver is not usually a directional driver. 10in drivers typically play up to maybe 1khz but are better in the lower end like 500hz and down. Also if his are in a car and on the rear deck they're pointed at the rear windshield. What directional frequencies he is playing are bounced off the windshield and up to the front. In a truck/suv if its built into the hatch or in the sides most of the sound is kept below ear level.

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 997
"EVs" are killer speakers & subs for CLUBs. They are normally 8ohms. They do sound incredible, I will tell no lie. I had to wire a club with 8 18in Evs. It sounded sweet.
Timiothy, I would listen to Alteraudio about your speaker direction, and postions.
Another thing is that your driving a Buick, espically the newer ones like yours have TONS, of sound deading material! They are also almost sound proof. Hell the new Lucerne is quiter than a Lexus!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us