What are the best 6x9's? excluding kappa's

Bronze Member
Username: Bradgman

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 47
What are the best 6x9 speakers? I know the kappas are the best, but what is almost as good? Are the pioneer 4 way 460w good for $70? The kappas are $140, and want speakers that are in the 70-90 range. This includes the kicker, RF, kenwoods too in that 70-90 range. Are any of there models better then the pioneer 5 way on an amp in a 6x9 sealed box?

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 151
lol...you're kidding right! Kappa's are not the best, not even in that price range. 175$ gets you a nice set of CDT CL-69x which are much better than the Kappas. I prefer those even over the Perfect components. I would look into Pioneer, Boston Acoustics or Polk. Infinity....please don't believe the hype, they're not that good.

Bronze Member

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 49
So you think the pioneer 5 way 460w TS-A6991R are the best for $80?

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 162
No actually the Pioneer Rev series are the best out of Pioneer. Polk DB series is a solid all round speaker. BA has some very good speakers too. 5 way coaxs are a whole lot of stuff you don't need and a marketing gimic to make it sound better than it is. A solid 2 way or at most 3way coax is good.

Bronze Member

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 50
okay, so would the pioneer 3way be better for $50?

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 172
which ones? I've been happy with Pioneers and Polks. But what speaker model are these?

Username: Bass_4_da_deaf

Loudon, Tennessee America

Post Number: 2
are these for a rear fill? if you have a front fill, dont bother with the time, money, and effort for a rear fill. It causes cancellation.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3023
I recommend the Infinity Referance 6x9's / Very smooth with good amount of bass. If you dont use a subwoofer then i whould go this route. Go with the 2 ways

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11020
more ways does not mean better.

for rear 6x9s, stick to two-ways

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1408
Brad, i have some Orion, (like brand new, no grill) for $75 shipped to you. These are really nice speakers.....

Bronze Member

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 51
Yeah, I have the kappa 3way 6x9's but they lack the tweet. I guess I will just keep these and hook up 2 tweets to the radio and buy a 2ch amp for the two kappas. They are great speakers, but lack the S's and T's tweet. Do you think 2 kappa 3ways to a 2ch amp in speaker boxes, will sound with 2 dome tweeters wired to the radio? Or it will in sound bad if I have just tweeters wired to the radio and the 2 kappas on the amp. I just have the 2 speakers and do not want anymore. whats the best way to wire 2 speakers and 2 tweets to a 2 ch amp or 4ch(if recommended instead?
Thanks
Brad

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11087
hey give the Alpine type R two-way 6x9 a listen
it has really good midbass response.. very warm. a lot of people love alpine for 6x9s, myself included if that's the size you
re stuck with.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11088
and for two mids and two tweeters, use a two channel amp and crossovers to split up te frequencies.
you'll get full power to all speakers that way.

Username: Jaked2ca

Lacombe, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 1
yeah i agree with glasswolf
i get nothing but great comments
on the sound quality of my type R 6x9's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us