Welcome all... I am new QUICK HEAD UNIT ADVICE...ALPINE...PIONEER

Username: Eric0668

Post Number: 1
Would you recommend the Sony GT400 (I include this because it has the jack on the front for my Dell Dj), Sony GT500.....I am thinking you will not say either of them,, or the new Alpine CDA 9856 (is this the new 9847?) or the Pioneer 580/5800

If you pick the Alpine , great because I can get it right where I am taking my current head unit back and the installation is free...Best Buy.

IF you pick the Pioneer. If the 5800, great, same reason. But if you really think there are better parts and a 2 year warranty and High voltage pre outs are worth it, then darn, I have to goto Tweeter and pay the install fees. If you recommend this/these pioneers, is the difference in $45 installation fee worth going with the Premier line.

(anyone know why Tweeter would be selling the premier 580 for 209...$10 less than Best Buy is selling the 5800)

Thanks so much,
Eric H

Go O's

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 234
i would not go sony for any reason. alpine and pioneer treat people well, but for god's sake, learn how to install them yourself! send me an email if you wanna know how to do the install.

BTW, higher V preouts are good if you plan on installing amps later on.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5434
read my review on this Premier model

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductReview.aspx?ProductID=13803
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us