Good LOUD SQ Speakers?

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 958
Hey fellas, my Pioneer speakers been great too me. But I dont know if I should sell them to get some better stuff. Check my profile for the exact models, but they are 6x9 4ways & 5.25 3ways. I think they sound good, but I want LOUDER. Should I replace them all? Or should I keep them then add some 4x6 components in my dashboard? <thats what Im thinking....

Or should I replace them and just do components in the front doors, 5.25 and in the dash 4x6?

My bass is very powerfull and will easy make highs disappear some times =D

Or will they performe alot better on a biger amp? Cause my amps are up for sale.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 959
I want the highs, vocals, to be heard wayy b4 I pull up, just like the bass does. But I want it clear and loud with minimal distortion.

Ohh my old amp on the highs were a PRD200.2; It did 140rms x 2 @ 2ohms. =D

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 130
B what budget you working with? i can hook you up with some nice CDT stuff. Also your webpage doesn't work.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 961
Alteraudio I dont have a webpage now, I fixed the profile. I dont really have a budget, but I also dont have no $$ at the momemnt, untill I buy my new amplifier for my subs So maybe 2 weeks.

I just wanted to know, exactly what you guys recomend, whats your price on CDT stuff? And what kind of power can I give them? Should I run them with the Pioneers or no?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5566
If you want loud, you want horns.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 965
yea, I do need a horn, atleast one of them. Maybe in the rear deck aiming up. But I think I want some componets too, for the dash. But difinetly a horn!
Or should I put ALL components in all locations?

Who makes the best components for 4x6s ? Also how many speakers is too much? I want loud good sound quality. =D

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 398
i dont think horns are made for cars.

unless your'e talking about those image dynamics horns

are those ids loud?

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 137
horns are loud but take some TLC to install. B, email me or I'll try and meet up with you one day. Can you make kickpanels? If its like my Alero I had I can think of a nice little install for it.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 984
I cant make any kickpanels, but would that be good place for horns? When exactly do you be in Charlotte? Or are you nearby?

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 169
Concord, around ext 54 off I-85, i'll be down in Charlotte on Sunday I believe but I'll hopefully be working on the car.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 996
Cool, I actually stay off ext 60, you not far at all. lol
Im normally in Charlotte all the time, I hate that my system isnt hooked up right now. We could have listen to it. Still trying to get my new amp, and sell my old amps..

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 238
yeah i don't have anything in my car right now. I have the wood in the trunk but just waiting on what sub i can, a 12, a 15, or a quartet of 8's. Too many decisions. WHat you think B? My fronstage will more than likely consist of:

ES-600 6.5 woofer
HD-4 4in woofer
TW-24s tweets(2x)

Rear Deck, Tang Band 6.5(2x)

Subs- one 12, one 15, or 4 8in???

Amps- MOnitor I MK2.70 running the ES-600 and tB 6.5.; MK 1 2.70 running the tweets; Concept CC-D1200 running the subs.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11089
a: get a 4 channel amplifier.
b: put 2-way 6x9s in back
c: put triaxial 6.5" or two-way components in front.
d: look for speakers with a power handling range (continuous) in the 75-90 watt range, and get the amp in about the same range per channel @ 4 ohms.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11090
sorry just got up, I meant to say speakers with that power handling AND a high sensitivity rating.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 251
I would say B if you have a 4x6 dash and a 5.25 opening in the door I'd do a 3way setup, 5.25 woofer in door, 4in on the dash and tweets on the sails, run the 5.25 woofer active and the 4in and tweet passive and nothing in the back(unless people sit back there). The USAmp IS-4085(85x4) would do you nicely on this setup. I can get you this, just email me and we'll talk prices. sales@alteraudiousa.com

if this don't work for you, i'd go with what Glasswolf said but coax's don't impress me much.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1090
ok, lotta decisions. =D
Alteraudio I would do 1 12 in the back with alot of power! Ill email you this week. Glasswolf Im still deciding on what Im goin to do. I know Im going for all SQ on the midrange and highs. =D

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11108
then do the separates in front, in fiberglassed kick pods or lower quarter door panels built out to angle them properly.
good equal signal paths, and ideal aiming.
also better speakers in general than coaxials.. they just tend to cost a little more.

Silver Member
Username: Stamant

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 108
Glass, would you add any rearfill speakers with the setup you are describing? If yes what would they be?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11123
only if you carry folks in the back seats.. and I'd match them to the same line as the separates I used in front so the timbre is matched between front and rear.. less distraction that way.
I'd also wire the rear two channels to the rear channels of a 4 chan amp, and when doing so, bridge the two rear amp channels, and run the rears in mono instead of stereo. this also cuts down on the tendancy to ruin the front stage.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us