Why make Kappa's 2 ohm?

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 887
Why? I have a pair of the Kappa 2 way components and they sound amazing. The tweeter is fairly sharp but AWESOME detail that blows everything I have ever heard out of the water. From Fosgates, to Alpines, to Polks, to Kickers, and MTX's (very limited listening variety though). By far infinity is my favorite. Only thing is, I have a 250.2 kicker amp but because the speakers are 2 ohm, I can only give them about 50rms apeice :/ Why would they do that?

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 129
2ohm should give you more power. Or if there is a way to run them in series that'll give them a 4ohm load.

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 393
i got a question too.

i want to use a 4ch amp. to power 4 kappa coaxials and 4 kappa tweeters. 2 on each channel. 8 speakers in total. this will give the amp a 2ohm load. thats why im using the kappas. cuz theyre the only speakers that are 2ohms.

can i put other 4ohm speakers and tweters instead of the kappas?
or are the kappas my only choice cuz theyre the only 2ohm speakers?

thanx

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1385
they were made to run on an amp and get the most from the amp. Also, Pelon, way to many speakers for a 4 channel if they are kappas, the best you can run is 2 pairs of speakers, without damaging the amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 396
whats wrong with making the amp run at 2ohms?

you can get the most out of the amp. and
i dont think its too much for the amp to run at 2ohms. and i like my music with ear piercing treble.

are there any other 2ohm speakers i can get besides the kappas?

Silver Member

Post Number: 399
never mind about that. can you guys clear this up for me? pretend these are speakers.
2_2ohm_svc.gif
2_4ohm_svc.gif
if i use 2ohm kappas, will it be like the first picture? so the amp will run at 1ohms?

and if i use normal 4ohm speakers, will it be like the second picture? so the amp will run at 2ohms?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us