6.5 question

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 121
well I have finally sold my honda accord, and purchased a 2003 TL-S with the crappy bose system. I am planning to get rid of the head unit thinking about a premier 860, or some other premier unit, any suggestions on this decision would also be appreciated.Anyways, I am willing to spend about 300 for the component system,and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions based on personal experiences. I prefer silk dome tweeters versus the harsher metal ones, but being in oklahoma, a lot of component systems are not available for sampling. now I am leaning towards the diamonds in that price range. i am also wondering if anyone else has experience with this car, as I am finding it hard to envision on where to exactly place the tweeter, or am i just screwed with having to get kick pods, because as is, I really see no other way around it without putting the tweeter a mile away from the driver. I think mikechec or someone on here had an Acura TL, anyways any ideas on exactly where to place these in this car would be appreciated. peace.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5358
read my review of that 860 deck here

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductReview.aspx?ProductID=13803

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 582
you should look into some JL components either the VR or the XR i have a pair of the XR's and they are a very natural soft sounding speaker. I highly recommend them. as far as where to place the tweeters you could place them on the sail of your panel the one that leads to the side mirrors or you could try putting them on the pillars of your car aimed at the window. when you get your components try positioning them in a couple of places before you do the final install.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us