Head unit and speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 33
I want to replace my factory head unit with a better one and i want to replace all my speakers also. i need 2-6x9's in the back and 2-4's in the front. I want a new HU than puts out 25 watts per channel...is there any way I can do all this for $200-$250? I'm thinking towards pioneer on everything, but if there's something I can get better for the money that would be fine too. all help is appreciated.thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1372
first off, none of them will put out 25w rms per channel, Also, if you like listening to your music kind of loud, your going to prob want to use an amp fopr the mids and highs. A radio will put out distorted power after a certain point on volume controll. Stay withe pioneer or alpine

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
cant afford an amp at the moment. so is it possible to get the HU, and all the speakers I need for $200-$250. Also, which models are best?

Denis_A
Unregistered guest
I would suggest to upgrade 1 thing at a time. for your budget right now, I would buy a Pretty good headunit like the Pioneer Premier line or Eclipse headunits. After afew months, if you got more money, look at replacing your speakers. Infinity reference speakers go for an awesome price on Ebay and they sound great. You could probably get front and back infinitys for under 200$. and work from there, maybe get an amp and sub later on.

I took me 8 months to overhaul my whole stereo system but now I love everything about it.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2629
That's an excellent suggestion. I would rather have one nice component at a time than a full system of junk. And if you're only going to buy junk each time you 'upgrade', what's the point?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
OK, I can get the combination of both HU and speakers for around $200 using the model#s below, which combination is best?
Head unit>Jvc model #kd-s12
or Pioneer model #deh7700mp

Front speakers>Pioneer model#ts-g1041r

Rear speakers> Pioneer Model # ts-g950m..3-way speakers or Pioneer Model# ts-g970m..4-way speakers

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
whoops...changing things again...just decided to go with a good HU. I found a Pioneer Premier (can't remember model #), with 50wattsX4(of course thats max, its only about 25rms), that also has 3-RCA jacks, one for front, one for rear, and one dedicated for a sub. Wouldn't this be a good deal, since I do want to upgrade the whole system eventually. I can get the HU for $189.95. Also...if I install, there is only a 1 year warranty. If they install a 2-year warranty. Is it really worth the $35 installation for a longer warranty?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1447
Actually it is true, that is pioneers warranty. premier carries a 2yr warranty if installed by authorized dealer. it is worth it...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us