Alternate Power Source

Unregistered guest
I have recently hooked up 2 rockford speakers and 2 sony explode subs to a spare car deck in my shed. After wiring it all properly, I decided now is the time to connect the 12V wire to the + and the ground wire to the - of the car battery (fully charged). Unfortunatley it only powered it for maybe 20 min. I was just curious after hearing, that there is an alternate power source to power the HeadUnit, possibly an old computer core. plz get back to me A.S.A.P.

Thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2606
You can use a computer power supply, but I wouldn't recommend it as it has a fairly dirty power output and insufficient cooling.

The best way to go would be a 15 amp power supply from a good company like Astron (do your best to avoid Pyramid, Pyle etc.). It basically converts the wall voltage to 12v DC. Here's one that puts out 9amps:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Astron-13-8-volt-dc-9-amp-power-supply-ham-cb-110v-ac_W0QQit emZ5860412368QQcategoryZ48708QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
It has a pos(+) and a neg(-) binding post on the back for the car stereo power wires.

mike Y
Unregistered guest
Ok awesome...Ill definately check that out and get back to you... thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us