Viper alarm w/ remote start problems

Username: Qdrcr250

Post Number: 1
Vehicle is a 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500hd. I think it has a Viper 550. Had 2nd battery installed in parallel for the plow season. First battery was disconnected before all work began. After completion the factory security armed itself after being disconnected for years. Then all viper remotes would not work. After doing a little research I programmed all remotes. They all work again. My only problem is remote starter. I push the lock and unlock buttons for the remote start and it engages the starter but will not stay running. It then tries to restart itself again but will not stay running. Please help!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Catalin

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 60
Factory immobilizer is preventing it from starting. At least that's what it sounds like....
You'll have to see if there's a bypass module in the truck and make sure it's connected.

Username: Pnaylor

Post Number: 2
I have the same problem on my pontiac grand am but they replaced the bypass with 3 different ones and still no remote start this sucks

Bronze Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 49
its the by pass or the tach needs to be reprogrammed

Bronze Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 50
peter what yr is your grand am? i can help u with this if u can tell me the yr

Username: Pnaylor

Post Number: 3
Its a 2004 pontiac grand se. They kept saying it might be the bypass but they replaced it then it didn't work so they tried two different bypass models and still starts and shuts off right away.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us