Car speaker advice experts and diehards welcome...

Username: Bluesman1968

Post Number: 1
Hi im new here and i was wondering if can you please help me with a car speaker decision. I run a jvc hu with 19 watts rms and 50 watts peak over all four channels .I am looking for after market 6x9 and 5 and 1/4 speakers that will run ok on these watts without having to add amp to system this was hole idea of buying hu with onboard amp. My musical interstes are wide and i do mean wide , blues ,mowtown ,jazz , country , punk , metal , ect ect. I do not need to be heard down the block i am not a bass head but just want to round out hu already installed because stock speakers are statring to die . I really like the sound of alpine , and infinity but all ideas are welcome .Thanks in advance .. newbie in need of help ,Steve

Bronze Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 96
Well the 6x9 opening i'd change to a 6.5, but CDT offers a nice set of EF-61NeoX or CL-6x coaxs. Whats your budget?

Username: Bluesman1968

Post Number: 2
why the change to 6.5 , and i never heard of those companys lol sorry newbie. will just changing to 6.5 make more bass anyhow ?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5231
Powering ur speakers with just the HU 18wrms will sound kinda dissapointing especially if a fav song comes on & u want 2 turn it up .
Buy a decent 50wrms x4 (4 channel) amp & it'll sound decent
Personallly i'd say if u don't intend 2 get any subs they stick with ur idea of 6x9s in the rear & buy components speakers instead of reg coax - it will sound alot better .......

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5232
also this is good guide 4 newbies

http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 106
oval speakers lack SQ. Not many aftermarket speakers will run well off of a HU, most aftermarket speakers need 50rms or more. Amping them would be the best solution, but since you don't want to find speakers will good sensitivity. CDT is a pretty large company just dont find them in stores like CC or BB, they're entry level stuff is probably mid to high level CC or BB stuff. www.alteraudiousa.com if you want to look at their stuff.

Username: Neo1

Tulsa, Oklahoma Usa

Post Number: 1
how do i get the speakers out of the rear deack of my 97 grand am se ???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us