What speakers should i get

Bronze Member
Username: Trevorl

San mateo, CA United states

Post Number: 14
I was trying to decide on what speakers to put up front. I got between 250 and 300 to spend. I would like to get a pair of (1) 6'9's and a pair of 6.5's. I am looking for speaker that has some punch in it but still has SQ. Also i was wondering if it would be better to get (2) two pairs of 6.5's. PLease respond to both (1) and (2) with your opinions. Also im going tro power it by an audiobahn 600 watt 4 channel amp.

THANX

Bronze Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 94
which amp is it? Are you running subwoofers? If you're running subwoofers i'd do a set of
CDT EF-61 and a set of CL-6E(woofer only for rear fill). If you're not running subs i'd do a set of CDT EF-61 and a set of CL-69(6x9 woofer only) and the CL-69 will give a little more bump to it. Also have you thought of not using any rear speakers and going with a strong frontstage?

Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 5
CDT Speakers all the way. They are the best speakers you can get for your money. Also, talk to alteraudiousa. He hooked me up with some great speakers from CDT!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
am i going to need to run an amp to these speakers still??

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 353
yes sir

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
what amp would you recommend running to a set of CDT EF-61 and a set of CL-6E(woofer only for rear fill). I would like to spend between 150-200...also is there in cheaper speakers by cdt or anything else for under a 200 dollar budget

Thanx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
also is the crossover in the CDT EF-61 important to a sound system even though im a beginner and its my first sound system?

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 136
yes the crossover is important. Right now the EF-61's I have have the 480 crossover which are good and still in your budget. The CL-6E can be run off the HU and be fine but something small like 50-75rms per speaker would be good. I know right now for a limited time only, flakko, my USAmp guys has some IS line amps at a blowout price. If you can get all the money together I can get you a IS-4085 for under 200$. They could run your fronts and rears admirably. As for the lower CDT lines, if you email me, the price I can get you the Efs are very good. The CL series is good but you must get the 1in tweet. I can get you the EF-61 and CL-6e for 235$ shipped in 48states if done by end of this week.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
i dont think im gonna take the offers up but i will still keep it in mind....another question is would it be alrite to run an audiobahn A4004T or a600t to CDT EF-61 and CL-6E??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us