What is the most powerful head unit that you can buy ??

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 130
I want a new head unit and I was wondering if anyone knew of a say 400 or 500 watt HU?Or at least 50 watt RMS X 4

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2596
Just get external amplifiers for all of your speakers. The amps in head units are not that great-mostly due to space and air circulation restrictions.

If you have to have 5 more watts per channel, Alpine and Panasonic might have something.

Deathwish238
Unregistered guest
You're not gonna have an easy time finding an HU w/ 50W RMS per channel

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5233
Do what Jexx suggested - a good 50wrms x 4) 4 channel amp is reasonably priced & ur set up will sound ALOT more better/cleaner.....

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10883
the biggest amp I see in a had unit these days is an alpine with Vdrive.
26 watts RMS x 4 at full volume.
that's with distortion mind you.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1324
Save yourself the headache, just follow Jexx advie, put them on a nice 4 channel.

Bronze Member
Username: Stamant

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 84
Hey Glass or Ty, would a Pioneer Premier HU have enough power to run two 6.5" midbass drivers for rear fill. I planed on using a two channel amp for my comps up front and the HU to run the midbass drivers in the rear. Is this a good idea or what would be better. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2610
It's an okay idea, but the headunit amp distorts when the volume is turned up a little over halfway whereas the pre-outs distort at 3/4 output. A possible correction would be turning the fader to the front (to lower the volume on the rears thus they wouldn't distort at half volume), but I haven't been able to get it to work decently with the front pre-outs.

If you had an external amp for the rears, you wouldn't have to worry about matching distortion levels...

If you really want to make it easy, skip the rear fill.

jah
Unregistered guest
What is the wattage of the speaker? If it is more than 50 watts rms you might need an amp to run them, but a sub woofer might just be a better option to get better results.This of course would depend on how much your budget is.I hope i have helped you a bit.Ty any comment
Cheers

Bronze Member
Username: Stamant

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 85
So should I just run a four channel amp to the components and rear midbass drivers or use 2 seperate 2 channel amps, one for the comps and one for the midbass drivers. What is the best way to set up your mids and highs?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10917
rear fill, head unit is ok.
midbass, no. midbass drivers are between subs, and midranges, and take power accordingly.. so they'll need more than the head unit can provide for good clean output at decent volumes
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us