Ground and Power wire question...

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 330
this might be a stupid question but here it goes, can ground and power wire be used for the opposite purpose, like say using power wire as ur ground, i dont mean not having a ground wire, jsut using the power wire to do the same thing the ground would, and vice versa, like using the ground wire to power ur amp from ur distrubution block. sorry if this is a stupid question jsut seen a install once using what looked like it said power wire as there ground so jsut been curious, thanx in advance

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4752
yes they are interchangeable they are red and black so people don't get mixed up. Just something to make it easy to seperate the two if need be.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 331
thanx alot james...so it would be fine to say run power wire to my distribution block, than run ground wire to my amps from there....?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4755
so run red wire from your battery, then black wires from your distro block to your amps? yes this is fine. Only thing is put a piece of tape on the black power wire so you dont get them mixed up when you go to hook up the black power and the black ground cause that would be very bad!

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 332
thanx alot james, i got one quick question i was lookin at this h/u http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10059188&catid=1 0174&atab=3&logon=&langid=EN
it has 3 pre outs like i want, 5 volts(which higher is better right) but there is not sub control is this a bad thing, could u recommend something comparable to the h/u i had in my car, i now have a truck and im selling everything in my car with it, i had a blaupunkt austin cd41 and really liked it...or jsut tell me if the h/u i was lookin @ was any good,,,thanx alot james

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4762
thats a fantastic head unit man. Eclipse is great stuff. do you use ebay?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4763
sorry yes 5 volts is a good output voltage, and if you wanted a sub level that bad you could add a EQ for sub level control. If you use ebay look into a alpine 9813 or 9815 they are great great decks, with built in x-overs, and sub level control, time correction, sat ready,ect. I have the 9813 and love it. You can't go wrong with eclipse though.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 334
well my uncle has an account and i was planning on getting him to order my amp off there, so ya...

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 335
thanx alot james theres a local dealer that sells alpine, but would it be better to get it off ebay?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 336
http://gibbysaudiovideo.com/alpine-cda9851-cdmp3wma-receiver-p-596.html
i was lookin @ this one but its only 2volt, is that still good?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4767
I dont know why the new alpine's are 2 volt. I think they are 2 volt front and rear and 4 volt sub. Mine is 4 volt all around. http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-CDA-9813-CD-MP3-Player-Nice-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ58596 12958QQcategoryZ39750QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this is a great deck:-)

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 340
thanx alot james im gunna definately try to get one of those decks...i originallu wanted alpine but the better ones were so expensive and those lower one all said 2v...but now that ive seen that one im gunna try to get one...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us