K guys.. got a Sony CDX-505RF.. want a new head unit

Was wondering if you guys knew if there's any head unit/reciever that can control the CDX-505RF 10 disc changer from sony without using the supplied RF modulator.. Sony's dragging its feet on this one.. if so.. gimme a email..

I need OEM adapter bose factory radio / cdx-505rf cd changer for mi infiniti Q45 1994

Marc Thompson
The following head unit should work
for a CDX-505RF:

Sony XR-C5120 with UniLink cable. This
bypasses the need to use FM.

It's installed on a used car I just bought.

The UniLink cable is for sale at Sony Parts
(800)488-7669 or on-line for $50.00

I'm in need of a rf modulator for a CDX 505RF or CDXRF. Mine has a power select switch between the controller interface and the commander interface. It also has a reset botton on the side. Any help is appreciated.

Anonymous
Can anyone tell me if the Sony CDX-505RF plays MP3s or any form of burned cds? I greatly appreciate it.

The Sony cdx-505rf will play burned cds but not the mp3 cds. Having trouble with mine though. put the cartridge in and now is stuck. Display showing E0-1. Second hand car and no owners manual. Any help greatly appreciated!!

I just bought a new car and it has a CDX-505RF. I need the box that you put the cd's in that goes inside the changer box. If you could tell me what it's called and where I can get one. I would appreciate it. Thanks Jeremy

I purchased a used used 1998, 1500 chevy pickup last year that has a CDX-505RF installed.

I changed the battery in the truck and the CD player no longer works (nothing on the remote/display). I know I still have power at the deck because I can eject the deck.

I didn't get a manual for the CD player and I'm wondering if there is an anti-theft feature that I bozo'd when I replaced the vehicle's battery.

Other ideas?

Tim Wu
I have the same problem, I think you need to hit the reset button the the modulator but the problem is that I don't know where it even is.
The car was given to me from my cousin but even he doesn't know where it is. Ideas anybody?

Hi, I need a remote control unit for my cdx-505rf. The one I have works but you have to twist it and beat the s--t out of it. Thanks Chris. Please email me if you got or know where to get one. kabbala1@hotmail.com

greg morr
did anyone figure out the problem with no power to the cdx 505rf?

N.Higgins
Hi I'm looking for the power supply plug for the rf modulator for a cdx505rf. You can e-mail me at higgs74@msn.com Thanks, Nelson

I have a CDX-505RF complete in the box. Main unit, rf modulator, remote, all cables and installaion manual, and operating manual. Nothing is wrong with it, perfectly operational. Removed it from my truck when I traded it in. I am looking to sell it, either in pieces or whole...make me an offer. brian@cavanaugh.net

Mrgatorrob
The no power problem can be solved by pressing the reset button on the rf modulator box.

I have a Sony/Chrysler 10 disc changer for sale that includes the wired remote, rf modulator, 10 disc mag and an extra non working Sony 424 rf changer(changer only). The Sony/Chrysler model is similar to the 505rf. This was taken from my 2000 Dodge Dakota work truck. This unit work perfectly and does not skip even if driven off a cliff. There is a small crack in the sliding door but the unit works great. It was replaced w/Alpine so it's taking up space. I'm open to offers www.Lektronixcorp12@msn.com

I recently purchased a CDX-505-RF changer on EBAY. The seller lied to me about coming with necessary things to install and use. In fact he said the rf was built in. All I have is the changer and magazine. If anyone has the necessary parts to hook it up for a reasonable price please contact me.aquarius012860@aol.com

Anonymous
i need a owners manual for my cdx-505rf 10 disc changer

1. To all those in need of manual (Instalation/Connections and Operating Instructions), I've got 'em! I can try to scan them in and email them to whoever needs the info. Or I can mail copies.

2. I removed the cd changer and wires that connect it to the hideaway modulator when I traded in my car. However, now I'm left without the modulator and wired remote. Do any of you who are trying to sell their units have these 2 parts?

Please contact me at melissascherr@netzero.net. Thanks!

Is there another head unit (with CD or MD) able to bypass the need of RF modulator ?
THANKS

John
Any one know how to solve the power supply plug problem?

hey..looking for a remote for the cdx 505rf..any one know where I can find one?
agill@sc.rr.com

LouderMAN
Hey guys/gals,
Does any one remember how to increase the gain from the RM-X57 unit, the little display thingy. I got a new battery in my car and it seems like it has reset and I can't get it as loud as it used to be. I can change the frequency for the RF unit but can't increase the gain level.
Thanks

j

need an fm modulator for my sony 10 disk changer...the guy on ebay ended it before it was time....im going to use it on a cdx757mx...please please please...modulator and remote only with harness email me at graphics@cnycoach.com
thanks!

I just bought a car with a cdx-ca 700x sterio and a cdx - 505rf 10disc cd changer. the sterio and the 1 disc in the sterio works fine but i can't get sound from my cd changer. sometimes it will read e-4 and outher times it seems to be playing but with no sound. do i need to push a certain button or does it need to be on a certain radio station? please help !!
Thank you

LouderMAN
for the RF unit if you have the little controller you need to press and hold shuffle and repeat at the same time until the frequency comes up. the change the frequency to what ever works best then set you radio to that station. The E-4 is a problem with the disc. It maybe unreadable (is it a CD-R) or maybe sitting in there incorrectly.
You don't happen to have a manual for the CDX-505RF i need to know how to raise the gain throught the controller. Any help would be apprecitated.

thanks

J

does the cdx505rf play burned cd's?

I have a Sony XR-C5120 head unit and a CDX-606 changer, bought as a package four years ago. Worked great until a month ago, when suddenly the head unit seemed unable to detect the changer, and the changer wasn't receiving power from the head unit (the "source" button would bring up only AM and FM radio, and the CD cassette wouldn't pop out of the changer).

Two repair shops have been unable to diagnose the problem. The first one tells me: (1) their head unit and their cable hooked to my changer doesn't work. Now I think the changer is the problem...but (2) their changer and their cable linked to my head unit doesn't work. Now I think the head unit is the problem. I also think it's just tooooooo coincidental that both units failed simultaneously, so I take it somewhere else. The second shop managed to get power from the head unit to the changer, and they say they even got the head unit to detect the CD source, but it only did so for a second and then lost the information. I don't think either of these shops has a clue, but I don't want to spent $125 to have Sony look at it considering I can buy a new system for little more. Can anyone help?

Janet jlachman@houston.rr.com

Hi Just bought a second hand car (Renault Scenic) with a Sony Disc changer CDX-505RF. Although the remote display indicates that CD is available and you can hear the changer mechanism working, no sound is forth coming. According to the Renault user manual when the CD player is selected it should be displayed on the radio display panel. All I get is a beep when I swith to playing a CD. Help!!! any ideas out there. If anybody has even a english instruction manual for the CDX-505RF would be really helpful.

Hi,

I have an Alpine CDA7863 in my truck that I would appreciate some help with. For the second time in six months it has a disc stuck in it - pressing the eject button works the face open like normal, but the CD just doesn't come out.

I'd really like to fix this myself, as it cost forty bucks last time for thirty seconds of work the car audio store wouldn't let me see. Can anyone tell me how I can get the CD out myself?

Hello, I need the CD changer for Sony RM-X57. I already have remote control on my car. If anyone wants to sell it, please contact me. tsai1214@msn.com

I need a manual of cdx-415RF pdf format.

Hello, I just bought a used infiniti, and a 10 disk cd channger RM X57 came with the car.. I don't know how to use it. I have a cd-chgr button on my deck, but when I press that to turn on the cd chgr, nuttin happens.. I tried putting in original cd's and nothing seems to work. sometimes I get an E 99 message on the cd chgr controler. I haven't reset any buttons..cause I don't even know where they are...Is there anyone out there that can help me solve this problem..contact me via mail
deepisstill@hotmail.com

D

hey i need a cd changer for the sony rm-x57 cd changer.i have the remote in my car but no changer.price...who know we'll talk about it.if intrested contact me at wildfire1802@yahoo.com

i hate sony electronics.lol
call me 1 810 765 3456.

billy bob joe
hey every one, sup.
hey every one, sup.
hey every one, sup.
hey every one, sup.
hey every one, sup.
lol
lol
lol
lol
lol

MY CHECKING NUMBER IS 1267894508
CALL ME AT 794 8935

xavier rayan
yeah im still looking for the sony cd changerthat goes with the rm-x57 controller.if anyone is intrested contact me at wildfire@yahoo.com

Anonymous
Hi, can anyone tell me what the error code E-01 on the Sony RMX57 controller means? Thanks.

Anonymous
hey that code that both of you reading meand that
e-01 and e-99, that you have a jammed disc or a disk slot just aint sitting right.open it up and look in there to make sure..there three screws on the frount face that you will have to unscrew.ok.
X

What Does E-o4 mean on the CDX-415RF mean does anyone know please e-mial !!!

Help.
I need the manual for a Sony CDX-415RF and the Rf modulator. anyone have them?

where do the power wires go? red black and yellow? i do not have a book got the changer 2nd hand
thanks
curtnc@carolina.rr.copm

Sonya
Unregistered guest
Please does anyone know what cd changer works with Sony RM-X57.....Please email me at hakim_10@hotmail.com

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
curt,
typically red is switched power source
yellow is constant power source
black is ground
actually i have a sony cdx 10 disc changer and i have mine is hooked up that way all you need are those connections and the rca's and the wired remote or unilink to the head unit and your ready to go.
by the way those colors work for most car audio components (aftermarket that is) but whenever in doubt use both a voltmeter and a continuity tester both of which can be found at radio shack or walmart and you can get the cheap testers probably both for less than 20-25 (mine cost more than i wanted to pay but i use mine for a living but for light use a cheap analog meter or simple DMM and a test light should do wonders) for everything and i would recommend any and all wiring be tested thoroughly and never assume anything youll wish you tested if the fuses dont save what your hooking up.
jay

Unregistered guest
Hey everyone, I have a Sony CDX-1150 am/fm cd player in my truck that is giving me an error code (E-04) can anyone help me with this. Or should I get a new cd player? Thanks

Jason T
Unregistered guest
I have a Sony CDX-51RF. I get the Error message E-99 and need to reset the unit. Problem is, only a part of the modulator is visible to me (it is tuck away under my dashboard). Can someone tell me where the reset button on the mod unit is? Is it near on the bottom, or on the side with the cables?

Unregistered guest
Hey guys, is anybody have the manuals for this changer CDX-505 ??? If you do, write me back please on e-mail dont777stop@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Friendly Ben
Unregistered guest
E-04 means either the disc is dirty or it is inserted upside down. Easy fix either way.

The reset button on my unit (CDX-505RF) is located on the side without the cables. It is on the side closest to the cable the runs from the cd changer to the mod unit.

Remember you can download your unit's manuals here, if they are available:
http://products.sel.sony.com/SEL/service/conselec/caraudio/

Friendly Ben
Unregistered guest
You can also buy new parts here:
http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/web/index.jsp

Unregistered guest
hi, i was wondering if anyone has information where i can get a free manual from the internet(downloadable) for my alpine cda7863 stereo. please email me or post a new message
EMAIL ME AT:littledude_54@hotmail.com

perry V
Unregistered guest
I have a CDX-51RF Changer that needs the box the CDs go into.Does anyone know where i can get one? Thanx for any help.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1410
peens:
www.alpine1.com

Kurt Schultz
Unregistered guest
Information on Sony CDX-505RF compact disc changer.

If the car battery has been disconnected, you will need to press the reset button located on the side of the hideaway RF modulator unit (it is not on the CD changer unit). (I had to take my dash apart to get to it.)

Changing the transmitting frequency:
On the wired remote control,
1. Press (REP) for more than 2 seconds.
2. Press left or right side of (AMS) button to select the frequency.
3. Press (REP) for more than 2 seconds.

Changing the output level:
1. Press (REP) for more than 2 seconds.
2. Press (REP) button again.
3. Press left or right side of (AMS) button to select the output level.
4. Press (REP) for more than 2 seconds.

Unregistered guest
i NEED AN INSTRUCTION MANUEL FOR THE X57. RECIEVED THIS UNIT IN A USED CAR I JUST BOUGHT- i HAVE AN E-99 ERROR MESSAGE- I CAN'T EVEN FIND A RESET BUTTON. HELP!!

Unregistered guest
Hi I have a cdx-415rf cd player box and display that i am looking to sell. It has no rf modulator but the box does work for sure don't know about the display. It should work but i don't have the rf modulator to test it. If anyone is interested e-mail me at. jasonnoland3@hotmail.com

Anonymous

Hi,

I have just bought a Vauxhall Vectra and in it is a Sony CD Changer control, model RM-X57, but no cd changer, although the wires are still in the boot. Can I buy any sony cd changer to work with this or do I need to change the standard stero you get with Vauxhalls for a sony head unit. help please. I need cd's in my car!!!

Anonymous

i need a code to use my sony cdx-m630, 5 numbers i think. Can any one help me?

Username: Delta88royale

Durham, NC US

Post Number: 1
where can i find a sony rm-x57 or a rmx-58rf cd changer controller for my sony cdx-656 cd changer?

Unregistered guest
hi i am in the uk sony not willing to help me at all... very bad manners
looking for manuals for the following models
sony fm modulator rmx57
and cdxunit cdx70
keep getting error codes e99 looks like the casset units jammed but still need manual for both units any help
please e-mail me peter.gray4@tesco.net
cheers guys

Unregistered guest
re rmx57 modulator again
found manual on sony website
keep pressing reset keep getting err-99
any ideas what could be wrong?

Unregistered guest
Hi I am looking for for the wired commnader unit for a Blaupunkt cdc RF 6ir.

Unregistered guest
Hi I am looking for for the wired commnader unit for a Blaupunkt cdc RF 6ir.

Username: Liftinona40

Post Number: 1
Hi I have a CDX-505RF with the RF Modulator and all the wiring with the remote... im trying to sell and i'll take the best offer
Email Me : LiftinONa40@aol.com

Unregistered guest
Does anyone out there know how to reset the clock on a Sony XR-C5120? I bought it in a used car, and it came without a manual. E-Mail me at QE_Three@sbcglobal.net

Thanks!

Unregistered guest
Hi I'm in the UK. Sony are a waste of time. I need RF modulator box for the CDX-505RF. Can anyone help?

Unregistered guest
Hi I have a Sony CDX-505RF 10 disc changer for sale. All i have is the changer and magazine NO REMOTE but you can find the remotes cheap on ebay. It plays burned cd's as well. In good condition just sold the car. Im asking 35.00 That includes my cost of UPS shipping.

Unregistered guest
Hi I have a Sony CDX-505RF 10 disc changer for sale. All i have is the changer and magazine NO REMOTE but you can find the remotes cheap on ebay. It plays burned cd's as well. In good condition just sold the car. Im asking 40.00 That includes my cost of UPS shipping.

Anonymous

hey all I have a Sony 10 CD Changer CDX-505RF I'm looking for the power wire that connects to the modulator.. recently moved and somehow it got lost. any ideas as to where i can pick one up?

Username: 1211212

Post Number: 2
My CDX-505RF says E-04. the disk is in there correctly and the disks are clean (not CD-R)

please help!

Unregistered guest
I recently bought a used 96 Mustang GT that has a ten disc cd changer mounted in the trunk. I just put in a cold air intake kit and had to unplug battery cables to reset the computer chip. Ever since then my remote for my cd changer says E-99 when I try to play a cd. the changer will eject the cd magazine, but it doesn't do anything when you put the magazine back in the changer. I heard that you are supposed to push a reset button on the modulator when this happens but I don't know where it is at. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Unregistered guest
Hey guess what I fixed it! Ok so if you unhook the car battery and you are getting an E-99 message and need to reset it, the reset button is just to the left of the eject button. It is really small and easy to overlook but when I pressed this button it fixed my problems. I went sony's website and I looked at the manual for CDX-530RF. It was all on there. Hope this helps someone else.

Blat210
Unregistered guest
There seems to be a lot of you wanting manuals for sony products.
Try here:

http://www.sonydigital-link.com/manuals/manuals.asp?l=en
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us