Can't find a HO alt for my car

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 192
If anyone can help me out on this, I have been looking for an HO alt for a '93 Mustang with a 2.3L and I cannot find one. I e-mailed Excessive Amperage a week ago and they have not answered yet. I was also looking at www.motorcityreman.com , but they don't give much of a discription. The only ones i've seen on eBay are for 6 or 8 cylinder Mustangs.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 944
did you find Irragi Alternators on ebay??
also, always heard its best to call Excessive Amperage for a faster responce.

also, try:
www.ohiogen.com - if you know a store that will work with you
www.4alterstart.com
www.mralternator.com
www.mean-green.com
www.powermaster.com

thats about all i know, not all thoes links are right i don't think, but you can find them with a search.

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 828
where has NAthan been? This is crazy, your the 4th person I heard say that.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 477
how many amps do you want? The 3G 130A alt (v6/v8) SHOULD be pretty easy to get in your car. I have a turbo 2.3 and I know it's not a direct bolt on for my car, but pretty close to it.

I've got about 1200w on my 110A with no problems at all. 130A should get yout close to 2kw.

Bronze Member
Username: Djbeanpole

Post Number: 75
Nate got around to getting back w/ me finally. My HO alt I got from him took some time I'm assuming because my car was an import and some mods had to be done. It'll be here tomorrow :D!

Bronze Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 29
2.3L, you may want to get an extra squirrel or two to run your HO alt! lOl Polo.. ;)

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 193
Thanks for the help guys. Yeah, 130A should be enough, maybe 170A. Right now I am only running a 500wrms system and my 75A alt. is not cutting it at all.

Yeah Polo, it's not fast, but it gets great gas mileage.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 491
If you're struggling at 500w I would think there's a problem somewhere with the installation. Before I replaced my 75A with my current 110A I was running about 1000w w/minimal trouble. V stayed pretty low at idle but otherwise it worked ok. That 75A alt finally gave up the ghost after a year and a half, but it DID have 226k on it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us