Amp Hook up ?

Vedran
Unregistered guest
I have a DHD Channel Amp and 2 8" Audiobahn subs in a bandpass box . The subs are dual 4 ohm 200w rms and the Amp is
Max. Power @ 20 300W x 2= 600W
Bridgeable : 240W x 1= 240W
Power @ 2 Ohm 120W x 2 = 240W
Power @ 4 Ohm 80W x 2 =160W
What is the best way to hook up the subs.
hook them up with 8 ohm each parallel on the bridged connection or 2 ohm each in series on the bridged connection or at 2 ohm each on the stereo connection or should i try all 3 and try to pick out the best .

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 803
wire your subs to 4 ohms
series/parallel wiring

bridge the amp..that is the way that you will get most power

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1287
the same power bridged or at 2 ohm stereo...

Vedran
Unregistered guest
So basiclly hook up voice coils in series and then hook up the amp parallel to the amp ? Does all this really matter or am i driving my self crazy . I don't have alot to play with so i'm trying to ge the best posible sound out of it . Thanks .

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4716
"So basiclly hook up voice coils in series and then hook up the amp parallel to the amp ?"

Yes

"Does all this really matter or am i driving my self crazy ."

Yes if you want to get the most out of your equipment and not cause internal damage to your amp and subs this matters a whole lot!

" I don't have alot to play with so i'm trying to ge the best posible sound out of it . Thanks ."

as long as you wire it the way Blaine said you will get the most out of it. If you are not happy with it I would lose the BP box and get a ported box for those subs, bp tend to sound muddy and have horrific SQ.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 479
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us