How stupid is this...

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 511
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/275F57 729BE6E21F86257104001AFB1F?OpenDocument&highlight=2%2C%22stereo%22

300 watt max. with an amp is pretty low saying most stater setups have at least 500 watts. its just stupid. noones going to follow it why should they even try to stop it.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1286
makes you want to move there.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 512
haha yeah luckly its just downtown. which is pretty much a ghost town after 7 at night with the acception of a few clubs and bars.

Bronze Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 60
i think i'd fail on all of that when my setup is done. Lets see 4 drivers( 2 tweets , 1 6.5 and 1 4in) in each door, a set of dual midrange speakers (.75in tweet and 2in mid) on the dash, two 6.5 on the rear deck, and 2 12s in the trunk. 3 amp, two rated for 70x2(so thats ok) but one amp rated for 1200rms( screwed there). But i guess thats the midwest for you,

and nelly, you're screwed, better get a better pair of Air Force 1's to walk in.

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 342
Yeah, stupid. They should just increase fines for people who "noise pollute" as their are some people who DONT drive around trying to be cool.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1958
This has been posted on alot of other boards including the termpro and Usaci boards.

This attempt to stop people from putting systems in their vehicles is a total crock of sh!t...the bill says that a police officer can impound a car just for having a 300w+ amp, 10+ speakers, or a speaker larger than 12". The way they back up this bill is pretty much by saying "they can produce sound levels louder than needed for normal listening"

That is like impounding a car w/ a 300hp engine because it MIGHT break the speed limit.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1959
By the way...If i lived in St. Louis and they actually passed the law, i would sell my SX15 and bp1200.1. Then by 6 DD1008's and 2 orion hcca 275g4's. (just for the h3ll of it)

that way i would have 6 8" subs, 2 tweets, 2 6.5's, and 2 "150w" amps
(it would be LEGAL, and they couldnt do sh!t to me :-))

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 601
^lol

i really like this part>>> The music gets so loud, said Alderman Dionne Flowers, that when "you're in bed, you fall out."

ROFFLMMFAO!!!!

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 513
the best part is that instead of worring about the crime rate...2nd or 3rd in the country...they worry about subs??? haha how the hell does that work?

Bronze Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 47
heck ive got an "el cheapo " amp that has 500 watts stamped on it . we all know my current piece -o crap wont do 500,but what would they do?? are they going to use true watts or what!

Bronze Member
Username: Ruxpin20

DeTroiT, MIchiGan

Post Number: 74
hey marshall, what you got your sx wired to?

I have the bp1200.1 and a sx12 but i got it at 4 ohm, i was thinking bout wiring it at 1 but i dont know if its too much for it or not?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1965
I have mine wired to 1ohm...it takes 1200w+ like a champ. If I were you I would wire that 12 to 1ohm, too.

Just make sure you have an FMOD for a subsonic filter if you have that SX12 in a ported box!

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 723
Upload

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4723
lol Marshall that would be some funny SH!T :-)

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 779
But the new measure would outlaw possessing or installing any car stereo with a speaker over a foot in diameter; having more than one speaker 10 inches in diameter; more than 10 speakers overall; more than two amplifiers; and any amplifier over 300 watts.

Can only have _1_ 10" speaker. According to that.

I don't see how they could actually pass it. Someone on the caraudiocentral.net made a good point that this is analogous to being given a speeding ticket for having a sports car that can go 200MPH, even though you're exercising good judgement and not speeding.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us