Need help wiring!

Username: Player2007_69

Sheridan, Michigan

Post Number: 1
i have two amps powering two 12 inch kicker l7's. i want to run my amps in series with my subs. is there any way i can do that or go about doing that. and if i wire two 2 ohm amps together in series, will they be able to handle a one ohm circuit? need some replies or someone to talk to about this. thank you!

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 808
lol, 1st off what kind of amps are they?
Not gettin enough pwr?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1285
if they are strappable, not stable below 2ohm most likely, and like B said what amps.

Sheridan, Michigan

Post Number: 2
they are audiobahn 8000t which dont give berely enough power, thats why im thinking if there not stable under 2 ohms, then i am gonna switch to something bigger. what other amp brands should i look at that will deliver me enough power peak around 3000 watts. if i do get a different amp it will be only one. what do you guys recomend?

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 233
there's no point in combining two amps' power to run two subs. the reason: the power will be split anyways.

if the problem is that yer subs aren't getting enough power, the solution is getting more powerful amps.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 462
First off never Go by Peak power ... Second , if they are the 2 ohms DVC L7's then you can wire um both for 4 ohms an present one to each amp an have um each being pushed by 800rms .. they are 750rms subs so 800 should be enough but if they are the 4 ohms DVC version then you can only wire um down to 2 ohms an then only be able to give each of um 400rms with those amps

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 463
if they are the 4 ohms DVC L7's then your best bet is to get an amp that puts out atleast 1500rms X 1 at 1 ohm an then wire the subs together for 1 ohms an present them to ur amp

Sheridan, Michigan

Post Number: 4
they are the 4 ohm DVC, so should i get an amp that puts 1500 rms and then wire them in series?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us