i need help with new batt. and alt.

Silver Member
Username: Perrydog

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 128
i need to buy a new batt....im thinkin about a optima but i dont know if i should get yellow or red....also i need a new alt.....i have a 1990 ford bronco II is that helps...also should i upgrade to 0 or 2 ga. power wire if im runnin 3 kac 7202's ??? thanks for n e help

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 464
that's really not THAT big of a system, but from what info I can find your alt may be as small as 75A, and 1300w of a/b power probably wouldn't end well. I see several HO alts on ebay for broncos for about $150 shipped.

The battery's up to you. My $60 wal-mart Everstart Xtreme has been bulletproof for over 5 years.

2 ga would be plenty, but 1/0's usually about the same price and easier to find.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 935
the yellow top is a deep cycle battery and is designed to resist damage from draining, but the red top isn't. get a yellow top or another deep cycle style battery.

for an alt, try:
www.excessiveamperage.com
Iraggi, they have an ebay store
www.ohiogen.com , they will only deal through a store though
www.powermaster.com , only domestic
www.4alterstart.com
www.mralternaotr.com
www.meangreen.com

not totally sure on all thoes links, but you should be able to search them and find the sites.

and you can usually find a Stinger HPM 1/0AWG kit on ebay for $80, thats what i have.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us